Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 05-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
babyrhino04

Hello all, I just installed a new system in my car and ever since my battery has had a low charge. My old battery finally went yesterday so I bought a new one. But my question is this, is the capacitor supposed to be getting its charge from the battery or the alternator? If its the battery then won't it drain the battery every few days? I'm not sure, please help. I don't feel like having to get another battery any time soon.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #2
GooffeeAlero
GX Member

GooffeeAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GooffeeAlero
No, it does not get its charge from the alternator, it gets the charge from the battery, and the battery get it charge from the alternator. and there is a thread about capacitors too!! im not sure where it is. and no you need a battery any time soon, you might to concider getting a high output alternator though, beacuse the reason why your lights flicker is beacuse the alternator is constantly charging the battery and thats why it flickers, and the capacitor will not give you a voltage spike
GooffeeAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #3
IndyAlero

ya my battery just went today and i have had a capcitor in my trunk for about amonth now never got it installed...Im poopty tho i had to bum a ride to school...