Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #21
UnoWHO

Very Cool, Well Im going tommorrow to get a quote on the box, the wiring, and The Mounting of the amps, then Ill come on here and give you guys the total price of my whole system(Excluding wires B/c I got the wires for free). Another perk to doing this sound system the way I am, is that Ive heard that this place Im going to sometimes(Depending on the equipment and originality), hand out sponsorships to certain vehicles they are interested in seeing more. THAT my friends would be awesome B/c all the work would be done for a lower price if nto free. :-D WIsh me luck dudes.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 AM   #22
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Good luck. I will say that most places dish out sponsorships if the individual is creative and is willing to spend some cash. Even with the discounts, a competition car system can easily cost two to three grand. I get fifty to sixty percent employee discounts and my current system is as follows.

Eclipse 8455 HU (on order) $325
Eclipse sirius tuner (on order) $72
Eclipse PA5422 four channel amp (on order) $160
Eclipse PA5422 four channel amp $160
Eclipse 3322 two channel amp $120
Eclipse 8062 6.5 components $105
Eclipse 8062 6.5 components $105
Eclipse SA8394 3-way point source 6x9 $75
Eclipse SW7504DVC (10 inch sub) $66

All togeather I have spent $1188 on this car alone. This does not even include older equipment that I have sold or used in other vehicles. In order to compete with a sponsorship you need to be willing to change your system. Part of what you are doing is selling current products. I enjoy the systems I have had, but they still are far from competition. My sub is mid level and my PA5422 maxes out at 800 watts. Even with my discount, two 18" spl subs and a 4000 watt amp would run another $1,680. Most likely they couldn't fit. If I cut it down to three 12's and two amps it would be $1460. Remember that sponsorships must remain brand lowal. It limits options to reduce price.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #23
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I forgot to mention wires and boxes. Two setts of 14' Tsunami platinum twisted interconnects. One four channel and one two channel. I can't remember the price, but I believet the two channels were 80 and the four channel was 140. Add another 100 in four, eight, and 12 gauge wire. Fourty for the fuse and distribution. You have another $360. Granted, you could save some cash on the interconnects. Granted, you could still save some cash here. But more than likely the shop will want you to use high end interconnects, hardware and wires. I just wanted to let you know some of the costs. I have seen systems that range up to 10 grand after discounts. Car audio is not cheap.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #24
UnoWHO

lol Well theres no way im gettin sponsored(well maybe but not likely) but i did find out the total cost now.

Aftermarket Tweets-FREEBIE 0$
2 12" Kicker Comps and a 10" Kicker Comp-150$(DISCOUNT!)
2 JL 800 Watt AMps-260$(DISCOUNT!!)
Wires(Whole set)-FREEBIE 0$
Custom wall, paint and sub enclosures(fiberglass)-625$
HeadUnit-250$
Capacitor-25$(HUGE DISCOUNT!!)

TOTAL: 1285$

Well theres the damage, I know I said I Could gte the custom fiberglass for 250...but the guy I know is going outta business so I gotta move to a different place . Im going with a Wall with the subs hidden behind it inbetween the wall and the seats and the amps mounted up above them on the wall on the left and right right and in the middle the capacitor...But Im thnking about making my own wall...I have a good feelings I could pull it off I dont know exactly yet but it will get done, My best guys, pe@ce