Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
PrImEtImE
GL Member

PrImEtImE is an unknown quantity at this point
Soon I will be doing another mod to my alero. Can't decide what to go for. It's either clean up the body work or get some air. Either way it will all be done eventually. I know there's a decent amount of alero modders that can help me out with this so here's my question. With the way my car is set up kato kit with 20's, if I went air what would give me the best drop????
PrImEtImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
get air ..you'll love it.. PM forbidden for the easystreet air struts and a custom put together kit.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
PrImEtImE
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AftermathAlero@Jan 10 2006, 09:24 PM
get air ..you'll love it.. PM forbidden for the easystreet air struts and a custom put together kit.
I believe forbidden sold his setup??
Old 01-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
He sells them...in general. What he sold was the setup for his own alero.
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
PrImEtImE
GL Member

cool, thanks for the info, i didn't realize that
Old 01-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #6
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
air ride is nice, but is this an everyday car?
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
PrImEtImE
GL Member

not exactly, this summer it will be unless I decide to keep my 91' cougar with 130,000 miles on it. The last two years i've had it I put like maybe 6000 miles tops. I basically only drove it to the shows and whenever the weather was nice.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #8
PrImEtImE
GL Member

The reason I might go with air is because springs won't do much of a drop for me w/o any type of rubbing?? If I go with springs I would want at least like a 2" drop but that might mean lots of rubbing unless I do some modding?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
i have springtech springs, and a kato kit. it's not too bad for rubbing. i made a skid plate for the bottom of the front bumper out of some stainless sheet metal at work. that way if i do scrape, it won't break the fiberglass.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #10
PrImEtImE
GL Member

But does having larger rims mean more rubbing or do all kits with springs rub in general??? and springs would save me a whole lot of money...lol...but air would be fun
Old 01-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
Oldsmopimp

Ok man, Im gonna be blunt and tell it like it is.

Air is awesome, I have it, U'll love it

Forbidden is a great guy to do buisness with and highly reccomend him. Great prices, great customer service, and fast shipping.

Easy street(air-lift) sucks. Their rear struts rattle like a mo-fo and they dont like to admit it, nor do they like to fix it. Ive contacted them about it, and they eventually ignored me. Im sorry but 700+ dollaz for a set of rear struts and teir gonna sound like sumthin is fallin off my car??? SHYYYYYT, I dont think so! Other than the noise, great product. Ive dubbed them, "noisy street" and the name has stuck. They have this problem on many cars with similar rear strut setups.

andys kit with air...gay. 1/2 of that is opinionated, 1/2 factual. the opinoin half is that I think that kit is the worst thing to ever happen to the alero, period. The fact half, is that the lowest pint on that kit (pretty sure rear fascia, closest to rear wheel) is so low, that you would infact crush it if you went air suspension. If you actually have dubz on ur car, I dont know what size, maybe they would prevent u from unwanted fiberglass mayem.

You said clean up body work??? Id say do that first cuz no-one wants to see a hacked up in progress car on air( i know, cuz thats my car...LOL)
Old 01-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #12
Oldsmopimp

Oh yea, and I forgot to add.....

...If you order the 'complete' kit from air-lift your just getting analy-raped there. period. lol.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #13
Oldsmopimp

Quote:
Originally posted by PrImEtImE@Jan 11 2006, 03:48 AM
But does having larger rims mean more rubbing or do all kits with springs rub in general??? and springs would save me a whole lot of money...lol...but air would be fun

No, all kits with springs will not rub at all!!!l....but this is pending you got the right size tires!

honestly with the kato kit, I recomend spendin the 200bonez for springs and call it done.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #14
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsmopimp@Jan 10 2006, 10:07 PM

Forbidden is a great guy to do buisness with and highly reccomend him. Great prices, great customer service, and fast shipping.

Easy street(air-lift) sucks. Their rear struts rattle like a mo-fo and they dont like to admit it, nor do they like to fix it. Ive contacted them about it, and they eventually ignored me. Im sorry but 700+ dollaz for a set of rear struts and teir gonna sound like sumthin is fallin off my car??? SHYYYYYT, I dont think so! Other than the noise, great product. Ive dubbed them, "noisy street" and the name has stuck. They have this problem on many cars with similar rear strut setups.

andys kit with air...gay. 1/2 of that is opinionated, 1/2 factual. the opinoin half is that I think that kit is the worst thing to ever happen to the alero, period. The fact half, is that the lowest pint on that kit (pretty sure rear fascia, closest to rear wheel) is so low, that you would infact crush it if you went air suspension. If you actually have dubz on ur car, I dont know what size, maybe they would prevent u from unwanted fiberglass mayem.

You said clean up body work??? Id say do that first cuz no-one wants to see a hacked up in progress car on air( i know, cuz thats my car...LOL)

Actualy that noise only lasts for the first few thousand miles. I drove with my car the other day and it don't make the noise no more. All is good now. You just need to drive urs more MR. PIMP .. heheehhe
Old 01-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #15
PrImEtImE
GL Member

Well for my car if I went with just springs which ones should I get. Would the eibachs make a difference appearance wise for my car even though they are the most expensive with not a huge drop?? Rims are 20's with 7.5 width.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #16
Oldsmopimp

Quote:
Originally posted by AftermathAlero+Jan 11 2006, 07:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AftermathAlero @ Jan 11 2006, 07:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Oldsmopimp@Jan 10 2006, 10:07 PM

Actualy that noise only lasts for the first few thousand miles. I drove with my car the other day and it don't make the noise no more. All is good now. You just need to drive urs more MR. PIMP .. heheehhe
[/b][/quote]

well then I guess I wont be trailerin it this year!!