Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
WildBill

does anyone else have this problem. it first started with a low whining noise from the tranny when im driving, i took it to the dealer 2 times and they said it had to get worse before they could do anything. now sometimes when i shift from park to drive and it feels my engine mounts are gone and i can hear the trannys gears grinding. im taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and i hope they can fix it. if anyone has had this problem feel free to give some advice.

i have a 2003 GLS with the 3.4L and 4 speed auto trans.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
I had that problem when i didnt plug the tranny harness in all the way.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
also check the connection on your IAT. I've been told before that this will cause a incorrect reading to the computer that the air is really cold, and among other things, will stiffen up line pressure for firmer shifting.

Same symptoms exist on mine when using B&M Shift+ on setting 2. Hard shifts, and the whining noise.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Jan 23 2006, 07:54 PM
also check the connection on your IAT. I've been told before that this will cause a incorrect reading to the computer that the air is really cold, and among other things, will stiffen up line pressure for firmer shifting.

Same symptoms exist on mine when using B&M Shift+ on setting 2. Hard shifts, and the whining noise.

-Blackjack- this is only true on the 4 bangers, seeign as how they dont have MAF sensors

the whinning is the sound of the transmission fluid being pumped at a higher pressure than it wants to/can handle. basically the ttransmission line pressure is too high and out of its desired threshhold.

to possibly fix your hard shifting problem. check your connections in your mass air flow sensor.

what could be happenuing is, the connection is making contact and then not making contact (engine vibration) on the wire that controls the transmission pressures.

if you are unsure if its your mass air flow sensor connection, it doesnt hurt to go to a GM dealership and ask for a MAF connection harness, which goes to a grand am 3.4, impala, monte carl, chevy venture, along with numerous others.

should run you around 30$ (it was 31$ for me)

hope that helped
Old 01-23-2006, 10:41 PM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, I forgot to check which engine he had even though he put it in the original post

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #6
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Jan 23 2006, 11:41 PM
yeah, I forgot to check which engine he had even though he put it in the original postÂ;-)

no problem
Old 01-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #7
WildBill

ill try checking the MAF wire tomorrow. hopefully that is the problem. i took it to chevy dealer today and they still didnt find anything. they are a$$holes. thanks for the info
Old 01-24-2006, 10:04 PM   #8
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by WildBill@Jan 24 2006, 09:55 PM
ill try checking the MAF wire tomorrow. hopefully that is the problem. i took it to chevy dealer today and they still didnt find anything. they are a$$holes. thanks for the info

dealerships arent exactly the best places to go, because they make up an excuse just so they dont have to deal with you.

its happened to me so many times. call GM's hotline and make a complaint about thier service.