Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #21
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
username you're looking for is tejohnson. misspelled it probably didn't come up on searches.

dont let anyone fool you, the 4t45 can be built to handle quite a bit.

Danny's Transmissions, Killeen TX can build em to poke about 500+hp down the track, and say's he'll do it for ~2500 (your tranny).

but for that money, I can get a ZZP/Certified 4t65HD.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #22
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
i doubt there is any alero with a 65hd

but please, prove me wrong
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #23
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero2k4+Jan 27 2006, 06:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alero2k4 @ Jan 27 2006, 06:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-double0alero@Jan 27 2006, 01:13 PM
how areyou planning on getting at 300+?

Are you serious??? I could go on for days about how I plan to do it... TURBO+Boost controller to start it off, then eventually a standalone ems, head work with valve train, possibly even nos, let's put it this way, I won't stop in my quest for more power. BUT before the standalone and all that garbage, I need to have a trans built up strong enough, as a matter of fact, that is priority numero uno. Besides I don't want to have to worry about it when I am driving around screwin off and racin' people etc...tempermental stuff sux, and I don't want to worry about it since I definately won't be 'kittyfooting around' (I love that quote...lol)
[/b][/quote]
Are you Serious?? building a drivetrain that was not built to take that much power/abuse is bound to be tempremental. Just ask nguyen, springs, or the couple others that are even close.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #24
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe I'll get lucky and they will post.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #25
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
Quote:
Originally posted by eag182@Jan 27 2006, 04:49 PM
let him take care of that, its good he's considering the tranny before any real mods. There is a TON of tranny info over at GRANDAMGT.com. There's a user there thats pushing 350lbft of torque and he's had a lot of tranny work done. His username is tehjohnson and I think he's has a DPP Turbo. There are threads over there about beefing up our trannys. I would join that forum and do some searching.

about a swap, I don't think thats realistic. There was discussion over at gagt and a couple people were talking about the tranny on the supercharged GP, but I'd do a search on that.

well if you guys were to pay attention, then you would realise one thing, ted johnsons turbo is on a 3400 v-6, our friend here has a 2.2 ecotec, so its a little different, and just a tad bit harder to get that much power out of the ecotec
Old 02-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #26
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by eag182@Feb 1 2006, 09:26 PM
not that I know of either, YET. But just hold on to your panties and keep an eye out during this race season, you'll see one soon enough.

what's the late model Impala running? yes, I do believe it's a factory 3400/4t65 by golly.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #27
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack+Feb 2 2006, 08:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackJack @ Feb 2 2006, 08:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-eag182@Feb 1 2006, 09:26 PM
not that I know of either, YET. But just hold on to your panties and keep an eye out during this race season, you'll see one soon enough.

what's the late model Impala running? yes, I do believe it's a factory 3400/4t65 by golly.
[/b][/quote]

dont forget the monte.

gah i forget what tranny the chevy venture had
Old 02-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #28
eag182
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack+Feb 2 2006, 08:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackJack @ Feb 2 2006, 08:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-eag182@Feb 1 2006, 09:26 PM

[/b][/quote]

interesting
Old 02-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #29
Alero2k4
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet256@Feb 2 2006, 05:54 PM
well if you guys were to pay attention, then you would realise one thing, ted johnsons turbo is on a 3400 v-6, our friend here has a 2.2 ecotec, so its a little different, and just a tad bit harder to get that much power out of the ecotec

More boost.... Now did all Alero's come with the 4t45e? Please just don't tell me I have the 40...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #30
SilverBullet256

well you need to remember that there are different drive train setups on the aleros, i believe the 4 bangers have the 40 i think, or i dont think they have the same tranny anyway, the bolt pattern isnt the same cause then alot more people would be trying to drop in a manual on the 3400's because you could just take all the parts out of the 4 cyl alero's, so no i dont think they all have the same tranny, it matters on the motor

o and its not as easy to just add more boost, you need to figure out the equation on how much boost you need to create the amount of power you want, based starting on how much power you begin with before boost determins how many
atmospheres you need to push into the engine, and the earth itself provides on atmosphere of pressure to a stock engine, and one atmosphere equals roughly 14 lbs of air per inch(not sure if square or cubic, cant remember), and if i remember correctly the stock ecotecs have 145 hp, so to get 300 to the crank, you will need to have over 15 lbs of boost, and you cant exactly just add that kind of boost to an engine without doing an intense and i mean an intense buildup, thats if you want it to run correctly and for a good amount of time, so the answer isnt as simple as more boost
Old 02-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #31
Alero2k4
GL Member

I understand it all. I grew up in a shop which my dad now owns and I spent my childhood there :heehee: getting kicked out of school has it's perks.... I am looking at everything from block all the way to the tires. It will include: Full balance of the engine, con rods, lower compression pistons, high pressure copper head gasket, arp studs, ported head, performance valvetrain including cams, timing chain, and gears, intake manifold, larger throttle body, intercooler, full mandrel bent tubing, super16 or t3/t4 hybrid turbo with external wastegate and I'm sure there is more I am forgetting. I am not willing to cut ANY corners with this and thus it will wait until I have all of the money I need in order to get it done right... I am also looking at the same attention to detail for the transmission and even the brake and electrical systems. Trust me, I understand what a project like this takes (In thought, money, and time). I also understand that in order to accomplish everything I want I am looking at probably close to 15 grand in mods(this includes all exterior mods as well, as I will be doing all the work I can myself...pretty much everything). I am just going to take it one step at a time, but the first step is the transmission.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #32
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
for 15 grand, you should just get a sti and get your 300 hp...and build from there...
Old 02-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #33
Alero2k4
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero@Feb 3 2006, 06:39 PM
for 15 grand, you should just get a sti and get your 300 hp...and build from there...

I personally prefer to be different. I am not looking for something to run 10's just something really nice that looks great that is DIFFERENT and is fast enough to shut most people up. Besides, an STI wouldn't be hard to make fast...I sort of like the challenge...
Old 02-03-2006, 09:36 PM   #34
Alero2k4
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Feb 2 2006, 09:00 AM
Are you Serious?? building a drivetrain that was not built to take that much power/abuse is bound to be tempremental. Just ask nguyen, springs, or the couple others that are even close.

Before I forget....that is why I will build it to take the power/abuse...
Old 02-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #35
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet256@Feb 3 2006, 08:10 PM
o and its not as easy to just add more boost, you need to figure out the equation on how much boost you need to create the amount of power you want, based starting on how much power you begin with before boost determins how many
atmospheres you need to push into the engine, and the earth itself provides on atmosphere of pressure to a stock engine, and one atmosphere equals roughly 14 lbs of air per inch(not sure if square or cubic, cant remember), and if i remember correctly the stock ecotecs have 145 hp, so to get 300 to the crank, you will need to have over 15 lbs of boost, and you cant exactly just add that kind of boost to an engine without doing an intense and i mean an intense buildup, thats if you want it to run correctly and for a good amount of time, so the answer isnt as simple as more boost

its not only boost pressure you have to figure out, but the size of the turbo and how much air is flowing at that much pressure. a t25 turbo at 10psi wont flow nearly as much air as a t3/t4 at 10 psi. you'll have to look at compresser maps and figure out which turbo will flow enough air at a certain psi to get the power you want, but also stay within the efficiency range of that turbo.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #36
eag182
V.I.P. Member

When is tejohnson gonna give his opinion here
Old 02-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #37
SilverBullet256

well he gave his oppinion on the other thread abouthow to install an sc, he made a challenge to a race i believe
Old 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #38
Alero2k4
GL Member

K...just so everyone knows this is not something that will be happening too soon. Unless there is a big change in my life, then th efunding won't support it until later this year.... It is looking like early next year I will have all the money and resources researched and set up. This was originally set up as a 'feeler' to see if it is really even possible to do, and what I would be looking at. After it is complete I would have no problem racing anyone who wanted to challenge.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #39
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero2k4+Feb 3 2006, 08:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alero2k4 @ Feb 3 2006, 08:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Fast Eddie@Feb 2 2006, 09:00 AM

Before I forget....that is why I will build it to take the power/abuse...
[/b][/quote]
So did they. Still tempramental.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #40
Alero2k4
GL Member

That's no good, sounds like a 1000 backup car and some extra money may be necessary as well...