Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #21
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
elementaldesigns.com, good everything and they have some cheap subs too. Dude that box is huge, see I didnt want that so I got me 2 10's. I use my trunk frequently so I needed room for it. I know my subs can pound harder I just have a shitty soundstorm 1200 watt single channel amp.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #22
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
TC Sounds is actually a really good company ... not to well known but that is only because they make the drivers for different companies and those companies just affix there label/brandname to them and call it good.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

lol my friend has a single 12 inch pioneer type r that just blows my shit outta the water, Im jealous
Old 02-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #24
diablo
GL Member

diablo is on a distinguished road
Im hoping to get 2 12" alpine type "X"s $700CDN per sub, 1500 per sub, say by to my windows................and my ears lol
diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:48 AM   #25
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Hey guys, I'm wondering about these bass shakers that 2fst4u mentioned... think it'd be possible to mount one in the center of the back seat, underneath? or do you guys think it'd be better mounted on the back of the backseat within the trunk?

I like the idea of bass with no actual speakers taking up room and my speakers in my car now are more than enough for sound quality, and all I have is some kenwood 6x9's in the back and stock 4x6's and tweeters, although I'll probably change those out too.
sorrowfulkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #26
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
If you have the right 6x9s and have some type of enclosure around them (or maybe just leave the back seat up all the time), and install an amp, you can get enough bass for most people. Though the opening for the 6x9s in the Alero isn't really that good with it's strange shape, I already found one set that wouldn't fit.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #27
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
If you have the right 6x9s and have some type of enclosure around them (or maybe just leave the back seat up all the time), and install an amp, you can get enough bass for most people. Though the opening for the 6x9s in the Alero isn't really that good with it's strange shape, I already found one set that wouldn't fit.

I had an 86 GA that came with baffle boxes around the factory 6X9's. Best bass out of a factory stereo I've had yet
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #28
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah
elementaldesigns.com, good everything and they have some cheap subs too. Dude that box is huge, see I didnt want that so I got me 2 10's. I use my trunk frequently so I needed room for it. I know my subs can pound harder I just have a shitty soundstorm 1200 watt single channel amp.

Elemental Designs is hardly anything good. The subs are cheap for a reason. The owner and his employees are straight up liars. THe products are always changing as they have been through what- 4-5 build houses with DRAMA at every turn... Hop on their forums. On remark thats even slightly against eD or their views- your banned... Wonder why??? Never again will I deal with them...

Also Pioneer doesnt make a Type R, Alpine does

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo
Im hoping to get 2 12" alpine type "X"s $700CDN per sub, 1500 per sub, say by to my windows................and my ears lol

I havent heard anything stellar out of the Type X. If you want SQ, they are good for that, If your after SPL, stick with the Type R.

[quote=sorrowfulkiller]Hey guys, I'm wondering about these bass shakers that 2fst4u mentioned... think it'd be possible to mount one in the center of the back seat, underneath? or do you guys think it'd be better mounted on the back of the backseat within the trunk?[quote]

Im thinking you got the wrong idea about these. All they are is a little vibrating motor inside a housing... Its good to mount under your seat, thats about it. You might want to check Parts Express, they have them there for like $28/pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928

Actually most speakers are designed to be mounted Infinite Baffle setup, not a small sealed box. You will loose midbass by putting them in the little 6x9 boxes in most applications.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #29
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

violentrapture is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to violentrapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Elemental Designs is hardly anything good. The subs are cheap for a reason. The owner and his employees are straight up liars. THe products are always changing as they have been through what- 4-5 build houses with DRAMA at every turn... Hop on their forums. On remark thats even slightly against eD or their views- your banned... Wonder why??? Never again will I deal with them...

I've owned about 6 of their subs (11kv.2, 13kv.2, 11ov.2, 13ov.2, 16ov.2, eu-700 and one of the early prototypes), 2 of their amps (nine.1 and nine.2x), couple hundred sq. ft. of eDead, few gallons of eDead v3... really fantastic products, no problems and insane performance for the low cost.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #30
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

I first stumbled onto eD I believe in their second series. I bought their third series when TC Sounds was the buildhouse.

Some people do have good luck with them- which is cool.

The issues start when you have a problem and the company -> Milne, will lie to you right on the phone. Then the employees... They will tell you whatever they have to...

And Im not the only person this has happened to...

Actually eD has a very bad rap sheet for doing this to MANY people. You wont ever see it on the ICX forums though, as anyone with an issue gets banned. They do it for a reason...

Blah.

I highly advise anyone to think very hard about buying from them. Because if you DO have a problem, its quite possible for it to be a total pain in the ass problem real quick.

I had a 12K series. I went through two of them... They couldnt hold their RMS, the materials used sucked...
Old 02-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #31
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Actually most speakers are designed to be mounted Infinite Baffle setup, not a small sealed box. You will loose midbass by putting them in the little 6x9 boxes in most applications.

Well, the factory 6x9s in some of the older GMs had a type of enclosure, although it wasn't completely sealed. I added these to my other car and now i still have bass with the back seats folded down.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #32
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

Elemental designs have cheap things for a reason, for people with a low budget. I love the Edeadening stuff and the paint is effin awesome along with the mats. Good bang for the buck on everything they have.

As for the type r I was talkin about, yes thanks for correcting me it is an Alpine not a pioneer.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #33
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
i have a single 10 in a ported box and I can still pack my 30 can cooler, 10man tent, camp stove, utility bin, plus a bunch of other small stuff.

And the bass from my 10 is more then ample for a daily driver. Im probably not gonna win any competitions but it rattles my brain just fine.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #34
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

eD is even crap on there mat man... Its an crappy product at an expensive price... $1 per sq ft, yet way thinner than the other materials... Also many issues with its adhesive not doing its job, sticking to panels...

The company and its products is a direct reflection of its owner and management...
Old 03-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #35
xsavyor1
GL Member

xsavyor1 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can always use 1 10" wont take up much room at all. Unlike my setups.
2010 BASS RACE WORLD CHAMPION 140.0DB - 149.9DB
2009 Bass Race World Champion 140.0-149.9db Class

Last edited by xsavyor1 : 02-21-2008 at 06:25 PM.
xsavyor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #36
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
WOW, 2 days ago a friend of mine and I hung out and decided to set up his new system.
He had 2 MA 12" subs which blew, but then picked up 2 12" Alpine Type R's on Ebay. They hit HARD. Case closed. If you want a reletively cheap system that is awesome then get two Type-Rs with an amp that can properly run then.

And if you didn't want that much room taken up but still want a lot of base you could always get like a JL W7 and make a box to fit the trunk. I've heard really really nice things about W7s and W6s.