Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 11-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #1
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Coming to a theater near you - Leafs hockey!

If you want to watch the Leafs game tonight and don’t have digital TV, you might want to drop by your local movie theatre.

For the first time in more than 40 years, select Leafs games, available only on Leafs TV, are being shown on the big screen. They'll be aired in high-definition and will be of movie quality, Cineplex promises.

Admission is $10.95 for adults and $8.95 for children, with $1 from every ticket going to the Captains' Fund, which provides bursaries for minor hockey players to defray registration and equipment costs.

Cineplex is showing seven Leafs games in 25 theatres across Ontario. All are otherwise exclusive to Leafs TV, which is in about 200,000 homes across the province.

Last year, Cineplex experimented in Western Canada, by showing pay-per-view games in theatres. This year, it increased the number of showings and added Toronto and Ottawa to the list.

Some Leaf away games were shown in theatres during the '60s.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
I love hockey on a 50ft screen in HD!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #3
NjRef511

*Drools*

Now if only the Flyers had something like this, or if they were worth watching...
Old 11-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #4
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
It's amazing what the NHL has done to this game over the last 3 decades. PPV games and having to go to theaters to watch them. As a 10 year old kid in Chicago I grew up watching the Blackhawks on FREE TV, yes that's right FREE. They raked in the dough back then they got even more greedy. And they had a great team. Hull, Esposito, Makita, Koroll, Magnuson, Nesterenko and others and played against Canada's best team ever in my opinion, Montreal and could actually win. Now that was hockey fans!

The NHL and their owners have screwed this league up royally. They don't realize that the more games that they put on regular TV, the bigger their fan base grows. They get the TV revenue plus fans buy more "team stuff", which they get a big chunk of for the use of trademark. In the long run they would make more money.

On a weekly basis I hear about how they do not make any money and they're going broke from the owner of the Hawks. My company does busines with the liquor distributor they own. I've tried to tell him my ideas but he is so set in his ways. I can't wait til his kids take over the team, they are on the right track and understand what has to get done.

Nuff about this. Bring back hockey the way it was. Just Imagine It!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #5
seed_o

Meh, I'd rather watch the game for 'free' at home on the 42". I can't see paying to see the game at the theatre when I can watch it at home where I have BEER!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
That's awesome I <3 hockey! Buffalo Sabres!!! TO bad they're not getting it here in the US yet.
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
seed_o

The Sabres are tearing it up this season!
I wish I could say the same for the Leafs...

It's not over yet!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Could you imagine a theatre filled with (pregame drunks) for a leafs/sabres game!?! they'd destroy the place....

its not a bad idea. some people have money, but don't have access to the games. if the theatre is open, but not airing anything why the hell not?

but frankly, i'd rather watch at home. the seats/food are better and cheaper..