Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #41
projectalero

he's not saying that this 240 is his drift car, he claims this is the 5th one he has owned...all of which had 400+hp or so he claims. He has only had this car for a week or so. He plans on lowering it this weekend,but thats all the mods it will have.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #42
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally posted by projectalero@Jun 28 2006, 02:34 PM
he's not saying that this 240 is his drift car, he claims this is the 5th one he has owned...all of which had 400+hp or so he claims. He has only had this car for a week or so. He plans on lowering it this weekend,but thats all the mods it will have.
so he says
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:55 PM   #43
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
if this guy is 22 or younger, I guarantee you he's lying, and that he's never even really drifted.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #44
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
:iamwithstupid:

not callin you stupid randy, i just like the smiley :P
Old 06-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #45
projectalero

he is like 20 or 21 so i think he lyin too.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #46
Orion

Race him at the track and prove him wrong. Go to the track section and Redog has a long list of things to do. To make your car race ready. Goodluck, whens this happening?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #47
projectalero

Goodluck, whens this happening?
[/quote]

Im not sure. After i talked to him about it and asked when and where he said he figured i didnt wanna race anymore cuz he wanted to run for $100. I told him give me a week to get the money and ill race. Pretty much, i think he punked out, but I am still going to try to get him to race probably next weekend. Tomorrow night i am racing another 240sx, but this one is a S13. Ill let you know how it goes.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #48
Coupe

I hate these threads, no one actually ends up raceing.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #49
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Dump out the spare and jack.

Lower front PSI to around 28

1000 to 1200 rpms is a good launch

go on the 3rd amber, kill him at the tree

I ran 16.2 my first time, worked my intake a bit and got it to 15.8.

Don't listen to Sweet, yeah ran my best time when it was 35 degrees, but it's funny the he doesn't say anything about my 14.98 in 85 degree weather :rolleyes:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #50
projectalero

14.85 is pretty damn good either way. I noticed u said to launch at about 1200...i think thats a pretty good place cuz mine didnt do too hot today when i tried it on tha street at 2000. It made a bit of tire smoke and took off. Ill see what happens with the air pressure. I usually run about 32 in the front anyway, but i may drop it a bit more this time. Ur right, im gonna kinda delete Sweet's statement from my memory. Im in orlando, its not gonna git to 35 here, not that i want it to
Old 06-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #51
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Jun 29 2006, 10:11 PM

I ran 16.2 my first time, worked my intake a bit and got it to 15.8.

Don't listen to Sweet, yeah ran my best time when it was 35 degrees, but it's funny the he doesn't say anything about my 14.98 in 85 degree weather :rolleyes:

what brent was trying to say i think is that a stock alero is average 15.8ish not 16.2or higher. ur 14.6 or whatever is a damn good time for an alero. u just dont want to piss off the stock aleros and make them sound slower then they are. i thought my alero was pretty damn quick. it would beat grand prix gt's which run 15.8s in 1/4 mile. mine was a 4 door and all i had is intake and a muffler
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 PM   #52
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
if you ran 14.98 in 85 degrees thats a great run.

its just in my opinion that runnin in 35 degree temps........ well its almost cheating in a sense.

but this thread is stupid/pointless/worthless anyways

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #53
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
I say race him for sure. I have the 2.2L eco automatic and one of my friends has a 240 auto from around the same year as what you're talkin about. Back when I first got my car I raced him and had him a good bit all the way up till my car cut off at 107. Both of our cars were completely stock. He did finally blow his up a few months ago though cuz he drives like poop. Yes guy's, sorry it was street about 2am one morning. But anyways, considering that the 3.4s are faster than the 2.2s, you should take him.

And saying that he starts it for no reason, it's probably all to do with the body kit. People try to start stuff with me all the time and all I have for now is a new muffler.
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:14 AM   #54
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by projectalero@Jun 29 2006, 06:04 PM
14.85 is pretty damn good either way. I noticed u said to launch at about 1200...i think thats a pretty good place cuz mine didnt do too hot today when i tried it on tha street at 2000. It made a bit of tire smoke and took off. Ill see what happens with the air pressure. I usually run about 32 in the front anyway, but i may drop it a bit more this time. Ur right, im gonna kinda delete Sweet's statement from my memory. Im in orlando, its not gonna git to 35 here, not that i want it to

2000 is a bit high. That's how I blew up the tranny. I would launch at 2250 all the time, but I found that idel, which is about 750 or 800, is great, for my car anyway, but yeah keep it under 1400 and you'll be cool.

Keep an eye on the temp gauge, if it gets too hot, you're defeting the purpose, and wait until both of you are about to get the lights, don't want to hold it too long, you'll just heat everything up

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #55
Sinatra
The Hiphopopotamus

Sinatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Sinatra
Quote:
Originally posted by projectalero@Jun 28 2006, 03:34 PM

Damn it, I hate people like that. It does not even matter if you beat him or not he is still going to talk about how bad ass he is. I knew people all over where I lived that made insane claims that I would call their BS card out right away.

- Dude with a POS camaro said he bord and stroked it out to a 350 and that it had 400 HP. I let him have it on whats wrong with that...you look under the hood and you can tell its just a dirty, old, rotting 305.

Too many to list man, even after the BS card was pulled he made claims like his unclge builds hot rods so that means he knows more than me. Even after I destroyed him in my 88 cougar (302, straight pipes) he still said that he didn't give it any gas because he didn't want to "embarass," me. This is a loose loose...no matter what...hes king of the roads and no one can tell him any different.
Sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #56
projectalero

We finally raced last night. Actually we raced a few times. The first run he won, the second one i won, and the last i won again. For the whole story check out the new thread "Results alero VS 240sx"