Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
diablo
GL Member

diablo is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 3.8L Alero

hey, i've blown a 2.4L motor once last year and got a brand new one after, im afraid of problems again so I was hoping I can get some imput on this. I was thinking of droping the 2.4L in a couple of years (time to save money) and putting a 3.8L Series III supercharged motor from a Pontiac GTP in. The thing is I don't know if its gonna fit, its 231 cubic inches and i don't know how big the alero engine compartment is. It would be great if I could get some help thanks.
diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
search button...its discussed numerous times
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #3
diablo
GL Member

whats the key word I need to search?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
3.8 swap...come on dont ask if you cant even think to search for 3.8L, 3.8 swap, etc.... if thats what your wanting
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
diablo
GL Member

thanks, found out someone did it in a grand am, so im going to drop the 3.8 supercharged motor from the GTP in there, this alero is gonna fly. I smashed up my '94' probe last week, and got $6000 for it, most of that money is going toward the new motor, i don't want a used one. I'll put pics on when I get it done.

Last edited by diablo : 10-08-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
Sinatra
The Hiphopopotamus

Sinatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Sinatra
^ I'll believe it when I see it.

Not to be a d*ck or anything. Good Luck.
Sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
diablo
GL Member

I was just discussing this today with my buddy and his buddy put the 3.8 in his 2001 alero, ain't bullshitin you, he swaped out the HORRIBLE CRAPY 3.4L the car came with, he has the money plus hes a mechanic, i can't put pics on b/c i don't have a camera, and he doesn't do internet for chats and that so he can't send pics
Old 10-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
while we're on the "my buddy" stories. My buddy just got back from the track with his "horrible crappy 3400" and ran even with a new Mustang GT and a new generation GTO. My buddy ran me and got pulled on by another "horrible crappy 3400"

the 3800 is nice, but it's less work/money to mod a 3400 than swap a 3800. Besides, people are less likely to be impressed over a motor that's supposed to be faster, than one that's supposed to be slow but isn't.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
BlackJack, stop kidding yourself, the 3800 isn't nice =)

yeah ok...you got me on that one.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yeah ok...you got me on that one.

(Holy-somethings-wrong-with-the-forum-Batman!)

Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

wtf is up with this crazy thing.

I just posted the message once, it shows up twice, and gets placed before the post I was responding to.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #12
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
wtf is up with this crazy thing.

I just posted the message once, it shows up twice, and gets placed before the post I was responding to.

Let me ask you something BlackJack? Do you see blue sparks when you hit 88 MPH?

Your car is Back to the Future fast hahalol

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #13
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Hey me too....wooo I'm a time traveler haha

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

if I hadn't quoted his post, I'd have no proof of my time warp.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #15
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
lol wtf?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #16
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Lmfao im in the middle of studyhall and i started reading this and posts are all effed up and i laughed out loud and almost everyone looked at me like i was an idiot, even the dorky ass kidslol lol lmao, yea my post on another thread went above the post of the kid who started the threadlol
Old 10-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #17
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
BlackJack, stop kidding yourself, the 3800 isn't nice =)
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #18
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Guess Cliff is always going to have the last word in this thread?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #19
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
apparently not
Old 10-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #20
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

good, then my job is secure!