Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #61
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
I know what Cliff means, HID's are definately not made to be flashed. But just put a switch in to disable the relay during the day.

And lonnie, another thing. Did your SES light come on after doing this?
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #62
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
I know what Cliff means, HID's are definately not made to be flashed. But just put a switch in to disable the relay during the day.

And lonnie, another thing. Did your SES light come on after doing this?
I think that the standard operation of the lights is to flash the lows when you pull back on the light switch so it flashes no matter what. I believe!

No my SES didn't come on at all this is bypassing the BCM so it shouldn't throw a code at all. Check your wires.

This is for the passenger side light.
87 - should go to the dark blue wire
86 - should be tapped into the orange wire either one doesn't matter
85 - should be tapped into the pink wire
30 - should be hooked to a solid chasis ground.

If you attempted this on the drives side light you may have hooked onto the wrong dark blue wire. If that is the case that may be the source of your problem. What year do you have? I did mine on a 2000 2.4L 4 door sedan. This method has been verified to work on 03's so i know it will work on anything before that.

Last edited by lonnie : 04-01-2008 at 03:27 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #63
jayson_waltz
GLS member

ok just wondering. i got the wires right, its probaly from driving the car with the headlight housing unhooked. now that i think of it, the SES light came on when i drove the car with the headlight out while i was doing clear corners too.
I'll just have to get it cleared.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #64
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
ok just wondering. i got the wires right, its probaly from driving the car with the headlight housing unhooked. now that i think of it, the SES light came on when i drove the car with the headlight out while i was doing clear corners too.
I'll just have to get it cleared.
Yeah driving without the light might do that. Well good to hear all is good! If you got HID's then I know its bright when you throw those highs on...If you get a chance throw a pic up.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #65
jayson_waltz
GLS member

OK so, the service vehicle soon light was on, not SES, and its IS because of doing this (at least is on a 99). At night it will be fine, but as soon as the DRL try to turn on, the SVS light will turn on. Unplug the relay and the light will go away and DRL's will work again.

Its really not a big deal to fix, just gotta put a switch on the 12v power to the relay and shut it off during the day. Just figured i'd post here to let people know.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #66
olds03alero
GX Member

olds03alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to olds03alero
i would have wrote up a how to on this but i just don't have the time to get to it. i only get on the site 2-3 times a week anymore.
olds03alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #67
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
OK so, the service vehicle soon light was on, not SES, and its IS because of doing this (at least is on a 99). At night it will be fine, but as soon as the DRL try to turn on, the SVS light will turn on. Unplug the relay and the light will go away and DRL's will work again.

Its really not a big deal to fix, just gotta put a switch on the 12v power to the relay and shut it off during the day. Just figured i'd post here to let people know.
You have to have something wired wrong cause the drawing for your car is the same as mine. In order to help you I have to know what wires you have where. I would redo it if I were you cause you could cause more damage then you may think. If you followed the directions then you should not have had any problems. Did you tap into the drivers side headlight? If you did there is a possibility that you tapped into the wrong dark blue wire. On the drivers side headlight one Dark blue wire is connected to the highbeam and DRL Relay, the other Dark blue wire is connected to the low beam, and that is the one that you want. Again this is easier to do on the passenger side because there is no guessing involved. Like olds03alero said I don't have time to do a how to but if enough people wanted something like that then I would do that.

And this is for standard lights I wouldn't know how to wire it for the HID's cause I don't know what wires were changed when adding those in, and I don't have any.

Good luck!

Last edited by lonnie : 04-02-2008 at 08:28 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #68
jayson_waltz
GLS member

lonnie, u did an excellent job explaing this, this is just my personal problems i'm putting on here for future reference in case it happens to another person. I did tap into the passenger side, and also did everything right. But on my car the DRL are the high beams (don't know if other years are), so obviously when this is done right its gonna try to turn on the lows and highs on DRL, and the DRL are already ran through a voltage ruducer. Both low and high on DRL are too much for it. It works fine when the relay is unpluged, but when i plug the relay in, the DRL's blink twice then turn off and the SVS light comes on.

Really its not that big of deal for me, i'm not scared i'm gonna do anything to my car. I'll just run a switch when i get the chance. Its not like its hurting the DRL's, b\c they turn off when they reconize too much draw, i'm gonna just unplug the relay and just plug it in when i need it until i get a chance to run the switch.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #69
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Oh okay jayson I see what your saying, I'll see if there is a way I can get around that, and let you know. I'll also make a note of this in my first post to alert anyone new. Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #70
olds03alero
GX Member

olds03alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to olds03alero
how to posted in how to section
olds03alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #71
jayson_waltz
GLS member

ok so i finally got around to fixing this little problem. to solve the drl's going crazy, just totally disable them.
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17559 The DRL remove in this link does work for a 1999 alero. I can only confirm for 1999's though.
Or you can put the relay on a switch and just turn it on at night, that would work too.

So there ya go. figured i'd post it for futrue reference. lonnie if you can say in the 6th post to refer to this post about the problem it would be a good idea.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #72
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
ok so i finally got around to fixing this little problem. to solve the drl's going crazy, just totally disable them.
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17559 The DRL remove in this link does work for a 1999 alero. I can only confirm for 1999's though.
Or you can put the relay on a switch and just turn it on at night, that would work too.

So there ya go. figured i'd post it for futrue reference. lonnie if you can say in the 6th post to refer to this post about the problem it would be a good idea.
OK done!