Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > West Coast

Old 07-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
MP99Alero
GL Member

MP99Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to MP99Alero
Hopin' to be new to Az.

So, as long as nothing gets changed at the las minute, my home for the next two or so years is ging to be at Ft. Huachuca, Az. I called Branch yesterday and told them I'd like to go there, I was told to call back after about a week to see if they can lock me in.
If I get it I will be there in mid March and wanna hopefully the alero will be there shortly after. I am hopin' there are people close by, cause I wanna meet some of you guys that are so much help in my attempt to make my Alero a better car.
so basically I'm just wondering if there are any alero.com people close to Ft. Huachuca so we can meet when I get there, if I get there. I'll be updating this thread when I get a final answer.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Blackjack is at your location.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
why would you want to go there? lol
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in Sahuarita and I think Strtryder is around that area (all though I haven't seen him around in awhile) and BJ is in Sierra Vista.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
MP99Alero
GL Member

I want to go ther cause it guarentees me a state side, non-deployable, duty station for no less than two years. Thats a good thng because i the last ten months since my daughter was born, i've been in her lfe for less than 30 days.

So there will be people to meet, han out with, and get help from .
Old 07-22-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
not sure what your MOS is but that was the same thought i had when i got to ft belvoir. i ended up going to afghanistan last fall as an individual augmentee.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 AM   #7
01oldsgls
GL Member

01oldsgls is on a distinguished road
^ur just that special lol
01oldsgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #8
MP99Alero
GL Member

I'm an MP, hence the name, but I've already done my research, the detatchmnt thats here is non-deployable, and the people they are sending to other units are lower enlisted, ptv to fresh spc, I'll be Spc (P) when i get there.

I already talked to bran, and two pele that are there now, if I gettestation I will not go anywhere for two years.

Last edited by MP99Alero : 07-22-2008 at 01:13 AM.
MP99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
oooh....shit......just what i need, another MP here at FT. Huachuca eyeballing my loud no-muffler exhaust on post.....LOL..... (jk, both the contract security and MP's have all been really cool to me so far, but i don't speed or provoke, so maybe that's it.)

Hey man, I'm right here at FH, but I'll be gone to Iraq before you arrive. Good news is, if you're patient, I can help you when I get back. I'm not good at cosmetic shit, but if you want about 300-500hp under your hood, I can certainly help you.

I'm leaving this October, so estimate a year from that time before I come back (if I'm lucky this time)

If you come to Ft. Huachuca, you'll be in Sierra Vista.

Trickyslick is in Tucson area 1-1.5hr away
strtryder is in Phoenix area but he's ditching his Alero

Other than that, I have a good friend here with a Malibu (same chassis/drivetrain) that I helped tune, running enough N/A juice to rip out low 14's that can also help you.

**added bonus** I can help you with this too, once we're both here.......... http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...793#post350793

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #10
MP99Alero
GL Member

That would be great, I really wanna upgrade the transmission. It will be nice to have other people close by that like the alero, most of the car people i know think i'm stupid for wanting to fix up the alero.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:46 PM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
the only other people that "like the Alero" are me who races mine, and local ricers who are scared of it. The rest of the Alero owners are either old, or in the low-income bracket that just want a daily driver with no mods.

However, you have all the performance stuff you need at your fingertips. I have my own welding gear, and hardcore performance if that's what you want, is on tap.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote