Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > News & Updates

Old 08-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #101
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Naw they should of changed it to...Alero/ask too many questions/get all the answers/then go huh?/and then ask more questions/get more answers/and then need a freaking write-up on how to breath!
-Smurf-
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #102
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
How about a real performance section, or remove performance from the current section and let it go.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #103
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post
How about a real performance section, or remove performance from the current section and let it go.

i would love to have a real performance section, but there are not that many people that are interested in real performance, the ones that are interested like myself, take most of the serious performance talk to 60degreev6....
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #104
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Then why is it called the performance section:P
Old 08-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #105
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i would love to have a real performance section, but there are not that many people that are interested in real performance, the ones that are interested like myself, take most of the serious performance talk to 60degreev6....

and likewise to j-body.org

it's not the section name's fault, it's the members, not too many are here that do a lot with their engines
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #106
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Congrats to the new owners, I'm sure they will take good care of the place.

Naich, good luck and God bless. I remember when this place started. Its come a loong way. Congrats on the little one, and I'll keep your family in my prayers. I fully understand about life eating into free time, see my time spent here over the years Glad to see you have your priorities straight.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #107
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Then why is it called the performance section:P

for some people exhaust and intake is all the performance they want......
Old 08-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #108
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Quote:
for some people exhaust and intake is all the performance they want......

Can we have a special subsection in the persormance section for those of us who want to get some REAL power by using things like turbonators and ebay chips?
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #109
kwhauck
2Screwy

sure thing we will call it the drime performance club section.....
Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #110
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA. That comment was jam packed with win.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #111
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

Well I don't really care what the limitations are for everyone, but the performance section right now is not performance at all. Calling it simply engine specific and have anything engine related there would be fine. That is how it is being used right now.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #112
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well I don't really care what the limitations are for everyone, but the performance section right now is not performance at all. Calling it simply engine specific and have anything engine related there would be fine. That is how it is being used right now.

we need a "problem and solution" section. where all the common problems go, and then can be looked up later
Old 08-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #113
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
we need a "problem and solution" section. where all the common problems go, and then can be looked up later

troubleshooting?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #114
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Quote:

OMFG
too true
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #115
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
nate... you know there is a "common questions and trouble shooting" section, right??

and whitev6, when i originally signed up, i thought if it decreased my performance, i should put it in there to find out how to get it back.... obviously thats not the case now.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #116
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
the term performance is pretty vague in and of itself. some people take it as adding hp while others consider anything that effects how the engine runs to be performance related. i can see both sides. perhaps adding a 'modified' subsection to each engine type category would help distinguish what is supposed to be posted where.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #117
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
nate... you know there is a "common questions and trouble shooting" section, right??

Im glad you caught that too Cherry.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #118
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
thanks for the site I never thought that there was such a site when I got my alero back in 02 ? but I learned alot of what to do and learned alot of what not to do (thanks AR aka AD or something ). I will be here for a while but my new focus is in the sq and spl competion, this is some thing I have always wanted to do so I have the ablity and passion to do it so I am going to try.

but I would like to thank all who ran this site, It is one of the best sites that I have found, thanks again for keeping the site clean and bs free (for the most part)

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #119
Merlyn
GX Member

Merlyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Complete with nosy girlfreind section and off-roading stories? Pretty Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
and likewise to j-body.org

it's not the section name's fault, it's the members, not too many are here that do a lot with their engines

I think one of the biggest problems is that there is a ton of information, but it's spread around and most of the time after you search once, you cannot locate something again. Leading to an entirely different point of view on your topic.
I'm all for the engine upgrades, but finding concrete turbo/SC info for the eco is as effective as shooting spitballs at a rhino...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #120
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
Quote:

thats dirty
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote