Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Install Intake How-To

This How-To is for the 2.2 ecotec

It arrived in about 7 business days.
Expected gain 5-15 hp

This is how it arrived

Here is a copy of the instructions given in the package

Because I had already removed my stock air filter and put a cone filter on, i skipped all the way to step 7

Remove the IAT sensor boxed in blue on the far right, remove the cable that connects into the throttle body boxed in blue in the middle, and then unclamp the vacuum hose attached to the valve cover in the blue box on the far left.

To remove the plastic throttle body piece, there are screws around the clamps in the red box. then there is one underneath the throttle body.

After you detach everything it should look like this

Next Install the air intake kit with Elbow coupler on the throttle body and follow by the longest air intake.

Then install the short air intake pope with air filter on the second air intake pipe just like the picture shows

Connect the given blue vacuum hose to the valve cover and the farthest left outlet (boxed in blue)
Connect the black cable to the next outlet (boxed in blue)

The next part is CRITICAL so pay attention.
In order to attach the IAT sensor you will need to remove the other half of the plug in the old intake.

Heres a look from the inside

What I did was cut a little bit around the rubber grommet and then pried it out.

Then take that piece and stick it in the grommet in the new intake (it will be really tight so make sure you dont push the grommet through because then youll have to unscrew the elbow piece and take it out)

Then lastly take plug in the IAT sensor
it should look like this

I would recommend getting a different filter because its crap compared to whats out there. (preferably a K&N filter)

A common problem that could arise is your "Trac Off" light will come on and that is because the IAT sensor isnt plugged in right.
If you think it is plugged in correct and/or corrected the problem and the "Trac Off" light is still on....
Disconnect your battery. Wait 10 minutes. Connect. and hopefully it will go gone.
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video

Last edited by spc2125 : 06-13-2013 at 10:45 PM.
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote