Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 01-21-2016, 11:33 PM   #41
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone run meth yet with one? Could be your answer. And the math doesn't jive bud...if you take it to 14 and make in the 500chp range, (500/.64)/6 gives 54.16lbs. Yes, there are a lot of specifics that denote the exact ones you need, but that puts you in the ballpark. Cheapest and easiest way, install the biggest ones you have. While scanning see how far they will take you, shut down run when injectors hit 85%. From that you'll be able to figure out exactly what you need to run. Pick an injector that gets you as close to 85% IDC as possible when engine is balls out...lol
Old 01-21-2016, 11:41 PM   #42
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Ill try 42's or 36's. and we will see what happens. If i need to upgrade i will. I think B is running meth with an m90 thats setup like the m62....

But i dont think anyone has gone over 10 psi with these m62 kits.

I think the highest power with the m62 right now is 320whp. And hes running 36's.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 01-21-2016 at 11:44 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:55 PM   #43
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Aaron has 42's.... he said he ran both to see the differences as the spray patterns differ but there were minimal changes between them

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:12 AM   #44
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Get a bid on a whole new drive assembly from Magnuson Products. They would probably have you send it to them to install, and rebuild the rest. But they don't have pulleys under 2.8, you would need to buy that from Pulley Boys.

edit: here's a link to a GAGT.com member that ran into a similar problem

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showt...hlight=rebuild

Last edited by AleroB888 : 01-22-2016 at 12:55 AM.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:51 AM   #45
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
What are these 42's you have from? The 36's I like if they will feed it, doubt it though man. How much power you actually make will be your tell, there is such a huge gap in hp between builds. Whatever it takes to have them hit 85% and be able to hit a low enough pulse width to have a steady idle in the end. If the injector you put in is too big, it'll never idle properly down low.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #46
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah i know. Its a guessing game till i get the charger on and test. I don't personally have 42's. The GA has 42's on them but im not taking them off for my car. Im buying new. The 42's i forget what car they come from...

But im looking to run around 9psi, and a 2.2 pulley i think.

B, im having Stiegemeier rebuild the charger for me, (talked to them before i found out this big of problem) i am going to call them today and explain the issue, see what they say..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:40 AM   #47
sleepyalero
GLS member

On a side note. Despite all this bullsht, the grand am is back up and running. New owner comes tomorrow to get it out of my garage.

I talked to previous owner about a refund. I didnt get much at all. But its better then nothing. :/

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #48
sleepyalero
GLS member

B, how much was it to make the m90 like the m62? Info would be appreciated.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #49
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe $400.00-500.00 materials plus fabrication, welding. But you would probably have to notch out the hood brace on the front drivers side.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #50
sleepyalero
GLS member

Did you notch it on yours?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #51
AleroB888
GLS member

Yeah, but since then I did get a little more room. I don't know if a stock hood would clear it. Hard to see on this pic, but it's a notch on the right side of the "A" section of the brace near the top next to the vent opening on the hood (vent hole not as big as it looks) I can't find the other pic right now

Old 02-07-2016, 05:12 AM   #52
sleepyalero
GLS member

I think i see it. But hard to tell.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-08-2016, 01:36 AM   #53
AleroB888
GLS member

Found it. See, it's not too drastic.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #54
sleepyalero
GLS member

Oh so you notch the hood not the core support.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: