Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Repairing Leather Seat Tears/Cuts

This past weekend I was cleaning out my basement and decided to donate a few items to the local salvation army. I had a massive CRT TV that I no longer needed so I packed it in my back seat (with nothing protecting the leather, first mistake) and headed to the drop off. The workers at Salvation army said they'd unpack my items for me and to stay in my car, so I agreed (second mistake). So, when they got to the TV they dragged it out of the car, after I told them it was heavy and not to do exactly that, and this resulted in a cut about an inch and a half long in my leather seat. I did not see the damage until I got home and I immediately went back to the store and got the manager to show him the damage. The best answer he had was "well, I have no proof my guys did this - maybe super glue will fix it". So, now my otherwise perfect leather seats have a cut that I am afraid will grow. What do you suggest I do to fix it?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
find a car gettong parted out and get the section of the seat or just the cover, or find one in hopefully good shape at a JY. i would have bitched up a storm. but luckily, i have no back seats

does suck though
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
bump. so nobody has ever tried to repair a cut or tear in their leather seat?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
uhh i posted a suggestion? lol

really is no way to repair a tear imo.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Yes you can... its called sewing!
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

I've asked fisdad, he said he had a tear, it cost 150$ to get the tear stitched. You can get it stitched but it won't look good as new.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: