Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
aftermarket deck not hooking up!

I bought a deck from a guy who had it in his alero and its suposto plug right in but there's a red, pink, yellow and black one that is disconected when I pluged it in the car did start but the deck would not turn on! What could the problem be? Tmrw ill upgrade a pictue! K

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.
i do auto detailing so my car is always spotless [SIGPIC]
@mgaw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of aftermarket wiring harness is currently attached to the deck?

The yellow, red and black wires will have to be connected. Black = ground, yellow = 12V Constant Battery, red = 12V Switched/Ignition and I don't think you need the pink wire.

From my experience, the first wiring harness I purchased was around $10 and it required the red wire to be hooked up elsewhere and it lacked the warning chimes. After I upgraded to the GMLAN2SR 2000 GM Wiring Harness w/CHIME which was around $65, you basically match up all the colors and everything worked fine.
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Also, what year of Alero did the other person have the deck in? And what year is your alero? The Class 2 Data System made things a little more difficult in 2002-2004.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Your sig says your car is a 2003. You need to run the red wire to the ignition switch wire (it should be a brown wire). 2003 and up cars need the radio wired to a switched constant unless you're using the Scosche adapter with the dinging thing.

You also have to connect the yellow wire to the harness. It's the battery constant. The Black one is ground. The harness should have it, if not then just look for a metal connection in the radio area. Pink, I think it's the power antenna cable. You don't need it.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
@mgaw23
GX Member

@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute@mgaw23 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I have a 2003 alero and this is a picture

2003 alero 2.2 ecotec tinted windows, cold air intake, strut bar, full pacesetter exhaust, HID lights, grill mesh, brembro brakes, kicker l7, chipped and more but looking for more mods i would like to keep my car luxury, clean and a head turner.

Last edited by @mgaw23 : 03-30-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, those harnesses are usually color matched to the typical aftermarket radio harness. So black goes with black, green goes with green, etc. Where is the yellow and black wire connected to on the harness from the radio?
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
@mgaw23
GX Member

Eh man I got it from a guy with a alero so I thought it would plug in eh so what if I take it to a shop? How much you think to hook it up

Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
Nas Escobar
GLS member

$100 is the going rate at Best Buy. Real audio shops usually charge more.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #9
DeeJayy
GX Member

DeeJayy is on a distinguished road
Place by my house will do it for 20$. BUT you probably don't live near me in Cali lol
DeeJayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
@mgaw23
GX Member

Can I just hook up the power to the ecnition and the ground up and say eff the other two wires? It would work!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
well on car radios:
black gets grounded
yellow gets constant 12v
red gets ignition 12v
pink really depends on what type of head unit. it could be for illumination. if this is the case, you could just jump the pink line into the red ignition line if your too lazy to tap into a cubbyhole/headlight triggered line.

have you seen this headunit work in another car? it could be shot since I doubt hooking up those wires will make a difference. it looks like those actually come off the car side of the harness so if you connect those to the car it wont change your radio situation.

it doesn't really sound like you know what your doing so maybe you should take it to a shop before you start hacking up your stock harness.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
@mgaw23
GX Member

Black gorund
Yellow is 12 volt power
Red goes to ignition!
I can do that! Yeah I seen it work! I'm just gona use just wire off my old jet programer off my impala! Or I have just regualer red and black wire

Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
in your picture the only wire that looks to be from the radio side is the red wire and possibly pink, but I doubt that the illumination wire affects power on/off
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
@mgaw23
GX Member

So from my picture witch one could possibly be my remote wire?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #15
S8track16
GL Member

my remote wire was blue with a white stripe

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come