Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 02-14-2005, 01:13 AM   #1
Influx

Hi guys.

Just wondering here how many have done any top end work (PnP head, cams, maybe even intake manifold) and what the results were.

I know a lot of guys that tried their own cams had prolems with the timing and therefore threw some codes. What about some good experiences?

Also, anyone have any head work done, and again, what were the results? PnP, angle grind - that sorta thing. Any codes thrown, dyno sheets etc?

I am SERIOUSLY considering a top end build before moving on to the bottom end, and just want to hear from the people with EXPERIENCE so I know what I may expect.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I have the p&p manifolds and 62mm TB from RSM racing. I had no problems with the manifold kit.

I ordered the P&P heads, lightened crank, and I already have the headers. All of this is going in within 2 weeks.

I'm not worried about it at all. I have a good mech and RSM is a really good company :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well mine is not together yet. 2.4 that is.

far as cam i have heard good things about jbody performance. i know induction dynamics has a true CAI for the eco.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #4
Influx

Quote:
I have the p&p manifolds and 62mm TB from RSM racing. I had no problems with the manifold kit.

Did you notice any difference with just the TB? 4mm doesn't seem like that big a gain over stock... :unsure:

Quote:
I ordered the P&P heads, lightened crank, and I already have the headers. All of this is going in within 2 weeks.

You sir, are my current envy of the week. Myself, I already have the Weapon-R 4-2-1 header, and I have heard good things (save the install). I am not sure when it is being installed, but I will definetly be looking for an update from you with regards to that PnP. Same with the lighter crank. That one cought my eye the other day, and looks like a really cheap and easy mod.

I have heard good things as well about RSM, but the only thing that hold me back from thier big ticket stuff is the price. $1550 (with core chg) just ain't doin it for me. I know enough guys local that can do it for me, and I know for a fact that I can get it for half the price. I just have to find a damn head is all.... Not slamming you, just sayin is all. :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, what mods were you running when you made the 15.249 run? All the aleros are auto right? I guess I should mention I am an auto as well....
Old 02-15-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
wy3134

well your in luck, theres a few around here who are researching/into projects w/ the ecotec, im still in the research phase cause lack of funds...but my project list includes a swap from a cobalt SS w/ the destroked 2.0L ecotec supercharged, and the 5 speed (its suppose to be a little beefier), and then im gonna upgrade the pistons, rods, heads, etc....my power goal: as much as I can get, hopefully keeping it close to street legal, although thats not the most important thing on my mind.....the only thing i know ill have trouble finding is a custom tune when im all done....and possibly some exhaust headers since those will have to be custom to withstand the power im lookin for
Old 02-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #6
AleroSS

FYI Not all alero's are A/T Jason, there are some 5 spds in the base version/gx trim.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:47 PM   #7
geedog66

i got a 5spd
Old 02-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
Influx

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroSS@Feb 17 2005, 01:37 PM
FYI Not all alero's are A/T Jason, there are some 5 spds in the base version/gx trim.
OK I didn't know for sure, I guess I could have worded that better... lol

Thanks for the input so far everyone!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:26 AM   #9
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally posted by AleroSS@Feb 17 2005, 12:37 PM
There were GL models with the 5-speed ecotec aswell in 02, I test drove one.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote