Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-27-2004, 09:37 PM   #1
Arsonalero

Hey i was wondering what kind of horsepower my car will putting out after my mods im doin..? im porting the uim to match the 62mm tb, cold air intake, 8mm wires, high flow cat, 2.50 inch exhaust with flowmaster??
Old 12-28-2004, 06:08 AM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
We need some more info 2.2, 2.4, 3.4???
Old 12-28-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
only a 3.4 takes a 62mm tb, must be that

if you want power, skip the flowmaster for a magnaflow.

flowmaster = flowstopper
Old 12-28-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
bigd6983

lol the flowmaster flows fine......i gave him an estimate of 165-170.......
Old 12-28-2004, 11:07 AM   #5
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
at the wheels? if he's starting at 170 at the crank, and the mods

cai
exhaust
62mm tb
ported uim

id say 195, 200 with a magnaflow :P

seriously though, flowmaster doesn't flow a whole lot over stock, people usually get them because they like the flowmaster sound. magnaflow makes the best flowing muffler between the 2. never heard what either sound like though
Old 12-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #6
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by mike2002@Dec 28 2004, 02:32 PM

if you want power, skip the flowmaster for a magnaflow.

flowmaster = flowstopper
Theres a 62mm TB for sale for the 2.4l on RSM, so yeah.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #7
Grouch

but only the 3400 uses 8mm wires :P lol
Old 12-28-2004, 10:41 PM   #8
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
just a bit of an estimate:
cai - 4 hp
exhaust - 5 hp
62 mm TB - 6.5 hp
ported UIM - 4.5 hp
i say between 160 and 165......only a dyno can tell us (WHP that is)
Old 12-29-2004, 12:25 AM   #9
Arsonalero

ok now im ordering the DHP Pcm for my 3.4, and prolly gonna get a high flow cat this weekend.. now what do you think im gonna be running?
Old 12-29-2004, 12:28 AM   #10
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
Quote:
Originally posted by Grouch@Dec 28 2004, 10:59 PM
:rolleyes: post skimming again?
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #11
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by Arsonalero@Dec 29 2004, 01:25 AM
ok now im ordering the DHP Pcm for my 3.4, and prolly gonna get a high flow cat this weekend.. now what do you think im gonna be running?
hmmmmmph, thats tuff, im pretty confident there is no exact answer i'd know to that but, you can be looking at very good benefits, since you have some free'er flowing intake and exhaust. but if you dont mind me suggesting. look into spark plug wires, better spark plugs and coil packs. you'll get like barely 1 hp out of it, but it makes your car feel so much more responsive and overall you'll be very happy with them. you'll know when you get them.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:11 AM   #12
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
might pick up 15HP @ the crank. Porting gains nothing except quicker revving, wires gain nothing as for power, biggest gain will be from the DHP...
Old 12-29-2004, 03:52 AM   #13
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Dec 29 2004, 03:11 AM
might pick up 15HP @ the crank. Porting gains nothing except quicker revving, wires gain nothing as for power, biggest gain will be from the DHP...
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.....porting does not give quicker revs.........especially a intake manifold. quicker revs, would be over in the pulley department and weight stuff and maybe timing. plugs wires and coil packs will make a huge impact, its somethign you have to expierience, its hard to explain. Redog knows what im talking about. and yeah with the pcm it really helps everything work together and brings out potential in mods. (benefits )
Old 12-29-2004, 12:08 PM   #14
Arsonalero

what a good set or wires and coils? Im running Taylor *mm wires now..
Old 12-29-2004, 12:09 PM   #15
Arsonalero

thats 8mm i was holding the shift oops lol
Old 12-29-2004, 08:24 PM   #16
-Alero-
GLS member

uhhhh im not sure exactly what are all the brand names of all these things, but 8.5 wires would be best i guess, stay away from bosch plugs just get NGK, if you want to know more, go to the alero upgrades page which is in the home page, it will take you to the site to order them.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:18 AM   #17
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero-+Dec 29 2004, 02:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (-Alero- @ Dec 29 2004, 02:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fast Eddie@Dec 29 2004, 03:11 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.....porting does not give quicker revs.........especially a intake manifold. quicker revs, would be over in the pulley department and weight stuff and maybe timing. plugs wires and coil packs will make a huge impact, its somethign you have to expierience, its hard to explain. Redog knows what im talking about. and yeah with the pcm it really helps everything work together and brings out potential in mods. (benefits ) [/b][/quote]
Show me the dyno results that prove power gains from porting a manifold, its negligable at best. LMMFAO, if you think ignition mods will add power but I guess I just lack experience since I've only worked on ASA, SCCA, and late model race cars in addition to my hobby and daily drivers :rolleyes:
Old 12-30-2004, 05:07 AM   #18
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie+Dec 30 2004, 03:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fast Eddie @ Dec 30 2004, 03:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero-@Dec 29 2004, 02:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fast Eddie
Quote:
@Dec 29 2004, 03:11 AM

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.....porting does not give quicker revs.........especially a intake manifold. quicker revs, would be over in the pulley department and weight stuff and maybe timing. plugs wires and coil packs will make a huge impact, its somethign you have to expierience, its hard to explain. Redog knows what im talking about. and yeah with the pcm it really helps everything work together and brings out potential in mods. (benefits )
Show me the dyno results that prove power gains from porting a manifold, its negligable at best. LMMFAO, if you think ignition mods will add power but I guess I just lack experience since I've only worked on ASA, SCCA, and late model race cars in addition to my hobby and daily drivers :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
dude your the one who said porting give the power, yeah and no sh1t its negligable. 18% better air flow than stock......thats about it.....not much else i can say about it, anyways im not saying ignition is the key element to everything and it give you 1 million hp..... its something i cant really describe. let me put it this way... more current is able to run faster and more volts are unleashed. but i know for a fact you will most likely gain 1 hp out of buying coil packs wires and better plugs, if you just changed all of that on your car you would feel a difference, not really power wise, but responsive wise..... (sigh) wheres ken when you need him, he'll be able to put it in better terms.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:34 PM   #19
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK I'm here to help

A P&P manifold (upper and lower) as well as the 62mm TB will increase airflow thur the top part of the motor and allow more air inside to create bigger combustion. Upgrading plugs and wires, even with this set up, will give you 1hp or if you're lucky 2, but the PCM will dump more fuel to mix with the increased airflow thus making more power.

The coil packs, wires, and plugs that Kyle wants to do by no means gives 150hp or anything close, but usually OEM plugs are set to the stock airflow. Making more airflow and having OEM plugs will usually cause poor fuel ecom. due to fuel being wasted.

As for the revs being faster, you need a crank pulley, and/or a cam shaft to get those kinds of gains, and right now both of these items for the 3400 are in still in the development stage and not perfected yet.

As for you responsive statement, you are 100% right. You will feel a difference due to more spark energy. A main reason people aslo get MSD systems for their cars :rolleyes:

The only kind of big RPM increase I saw with my manifold is, when it's very cold the car will idel at 1500 RPM instead of 1000 RPM's until it's warmed up :thumbsup:

Hope I helped Kyle, I just got home from work and I've very tired

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:51 PM   #20
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by mike2002@Dec 28 2004, 08:32 AM

holy crap, so i better remove the 62mm TB off my 2.4 and give it back.........LOL

sorry dood, i understand you don't know. it's all in good fun.