Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
New video of 9 second Gran Prix

As most of you know, I tracked this car's progress for over a year now, almost to the point of stalking (only without the throat slashing).

Pleased to report that it is now flaunting a 9.01 and will soon be in the 8's.

For those of you who have not been tracking this with me, it is a 1997 Pontiac Gran Prix w/3800 twin turbo'd.

Builder is Stattama ( www.stattama.com ) and lots of help from ZZPerformance ( www.zzperformance.com )

The first victim I posted awhile back was a S/C intercooled Viper which got it's ass handed to it at a 9.73 run.

The lastest wasn't really any competition but happened to be at the staging line during test n tune, was a late model Gran Prix GTP (S/C 3800).

For those of you who were wondering why I track this car so hard, is that it's basically the motivator behind my own build, and am looking into a full TT build within the next coming year. I'll be about 400cc smaller engine than theirs, and a little heavier, so I'm planning on hitting 10's by then, until I figure out a way to get more traction.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #2
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
wow, FF with a wheelie bar in the 9's, tell me he's the only one doing that...
Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Holy Fook, I see your inspiration!! That was the high point of the day for me.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like the other guy has never dragged before. i wish my car was that fast. i bet he gets a lot of people laughing at him before is run then after they are speechless.
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet the guy was like "HOLY SHIT" while he was doing the burnout in the box. And if it wasn't bracket racing, i'm sure he cleaned house that day

Last edited by CiscoPath : 12-08-2006 at 10:39 PM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #6
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
LMAO Holy eff, that was bad ass
Old 12-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #7
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Does he use this beast on the roads??? lmao,i would love to pull up to a guy in his mustang or some old dude in his vette and smoke them(not going over the speedlimit though, just off the line).
Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #8
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Does he use this beast on the roads??? lmao,i would love to pull up to a guy in his mustang or some old dude in his vette and smoke them(not going over the speedlimit though, just off the line).
Billy, there ya go again. Can ya not refer to us as old dudes or olds guys, were just guys like everyone else.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:02 AM   #9
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Billy, there ya go again. Can ya not refer to us as old dudes or olds guys, were just guys like everyone else.

haha, every guy around here who has a vette is probably in their 50s-60s, thats pretty damn old
Old 12-09-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
Oldsnut

WTF are we gonna do with you besides beat the crap out of ya if you show up at ASS.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
he's right ya know.....after all, for an old guy like me, the Alero is just a mid-life crisis. ROFLMAO

Old 12-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #12
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
damn thats sick...only thing about sleepers is they are becoming a thing of the past, with so many people these days thinking sleeper is the way to go, anymore it seems like its becoming more about the car you drive over how fast it is
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:07 AM   #13
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

hahahha yeah race sum old ass men like blackjack, that would be awesome. good luck losing LOL, I want a 9 second Alero, that will be one day.....one day Ill smoke yall with an LS2 in this alero thats gonna be RWD, and I dont care if yall pushin 60+ LOL
Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
there was a guy that oldsman used to have a pic of, 454 alero with RWD and only ran like 14s........
Old 12-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #15
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yup, add nearly double the weight of a 3400, and not do anything to increase the HP, and it's pointless. never think for a second that displacement is everything. That's why there are 7-second ecotec drag cars out there.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #16
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
there is also bettyracer grandam with a blown v8, not sure what kind of times she runs.......

check it at

http://www.*********central.com/phot.../13G57-med.jpg

you know what to do just replace the ******* with those three forbidden letters
Old 12-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #17
Coldfire
GL Member

Coldfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn that thing is hot
Coldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #18
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

^^^ I agree, looks gorgeous and its givin me ideas lol
Old 12-10-2006, 02:47 AM   #19
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
holy............bloody..........CHRIST!!

9.01 secs?!?! thats insane, lol i would hate to see the price tag hes dumped into her! my god thats a sick car!
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:59 AM   #20
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
who was it that was twin charged?

they had some aftermarket supercharger and some turbo on some 3800..........lol