Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 11-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Too much is never enough....boost+juice

Ok, so I was having a fun time getting spooled off the line with the rediculous size T70. After adding the 4t65 with a 2.93 gear ratio, it made it a little more sluggish out of the dig.

With the 4t45 (3.05 gears) I was getting spool time at around 2800 to produce boost. Now with the 4t65 it's spooling more around 3500 or so.

Easy fix. Yeah I could put a tighter gear ratio in, but at the expense of the 30+mpg highway I've been getting. so......

Nitrous going in this week. Should be interesting to say the least. Stay tuned (pardon the pun).

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
It has got to feel good to be playing with the toy again instead of shootin and blowin things up BJ. Nawww you probably enjoyed killing the bad guys.

Let us know what goes on with the NOS.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Ok, so I was having a fun time getting spooled off the line with the rediculous size T70. After adding the 4t65 with a 2.93 gear ratio, it made it a little more sluggish out of the dig.

With the 4t45 (3.05 gears) I was getting spool time at around 2800 to produce boost. Now with the 4t65 it's spooling more around 3500 or so.

Easy fix. Yeah I could put a tighter gear ratio in, but at the expense of the 30+mpg highway I've been getting. so......

Nitrous going in this week. Should be interesting to say the least. Stay tuned (pardon the pun).

Finally, some action around here!

Mine's got to be de-modded to do repairs right now, probably going in to a tranny shop here for a while. Good to see you back at it.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
thanks guys, it's good to be back !

By the way AleroB888 - I'm moving to Fort Riley Kansas shortly, which I think would be closer for us to get together than southern Arizona. Or is it?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Put the money toward a legitimate ball bearing turbo! If you plan on keeping your engine free of compressor wheel pieces and would like to make the turbo spool up faster and be more efficient, a nice ball bearing GT35R will do the trick.

Besides, nitrous + boost usually isn't the easiest to tune, and if something goes wrong with your setup, it goes REALLY wrong. Not to mention that stock bottom end probably won't survive that amount of forceful power being shoved into it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
thanks guys, it's good to be back !

By the way AleroB888 - I'm moving to Fort Riley Kansas shortly, which I think would be closer for us to get together than southern Arizona. Or is it?

How long will you stay there?? Topeka is one possibility for racing when the track opens.... I think one other Aleromod guy lives there.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Here I am there is heartland park in topeka and KCIR in Kansas City, BlackJack when You come up let me know and I'll show you around to everything I know
Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
nitrous makes me giggle........hehe.......

and i'm def up for a kansas track trip.......
Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
I think my rooster just moved.....
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

Let me know if you guys do, I'm going to try to have a meet when heartland opens up next season.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
we'll see how far the car is along.......if i'm close you may have to delay until both me and greg (alerob888) are back in running order.....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #12
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

Well I haven't even started on my 300zx tt, my schedule has me held off from working on the first one and selling it but I will hold it off to see some other aleros
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #13
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Not yet on the GT35R. That's $1200-1500 by itself. I'll risk it for now, since I'm doing a complete forged bottom end at tax time

Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

i like the way you think........

how about a really big cam too.....like mine.......
Old 11-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #15
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking forward to seeing this in person...this weekend
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Finally another alero besides myself jucied =]
Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #17
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i like the way you think........

how about a really big cam too.....like mine.......

I don't know what "big cam" you have, but I'm going with a WOT-Tech turbo grind quite a bit on the wild side. I have to get all my mods together before selecting the grind though.

Mod-wise, things will be looking very hellacious by spring time.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

i posted it on here before, and i can never remember my icl.....

but it is a comp cams billet

230/242 @ .050 duration
280/294 @ .006 duration
.577/.577 lift. 115 LSA
Old 11-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
damn .006 duration lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #20
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

You must be going for some serious RPM's with that LSA. That's going to bump your power band to the upper range quite a bit.

I'm not going for stretched rods on high RPM's, so I'm opting for a little lower on the LSA. So, what are you doing with your springs and/or rockers for that .577 lift?