Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-28-2009, 06:26 AM   #81
black00gt1
GX Member

black00gt1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to black00gt1
so take off the spoiler and put the osv on for us to see pix,tape it on if ya godda.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #82
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
andy if you want to bring the spoiler by and test fit it on mine your more than welcome. I can yank razzi off
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #83
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
hmm...so is that the only place the kit is warped? Because there are the 6 clips that hold that particular area down, you could always double it to 12 clips if you were really anal, i want to see a test fit on a car to see if the bumper is wavy and still noticeable after the 6 clips are in and the trunk is closed
Old 02-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #84
black00gt1
GX Member

black00gt1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to black00gt1
is there any other problems with the kit? sides are ok?frount ok?

is the frount bumper thicker than the rest of the kit?

Last edited by black00gt1 : 02-28-2009 at 11:05 AM.
black00gt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #85
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
OK, so here's pics of mine. They are large, so I'll spare everyone and just give you a link to the photobucket.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ng/OSV%20Pics/

I have the same issue with the bow on the rear bumper. It does seem quite thin through there. Don't try to pick it up by grabbing it in the middle, it tends to make noises like it's getting ready to crack. You'll also note that the drivers side of the rear bumper seems to curve outward....alot. Also, the passenger side of the front bumper seems to curve outward too. A few blems in the finish surface that can be cleaned up when i get it installed & painted. I've never had a kit before, so I don't know what passes as acceptable. The rear bumper seems to be the big issue though. And the side skirts. Unfortunately, I can't check fitment right now, so I'm not sure how that is.

Last edited by surreal_awakening : 02-28-2009 at 12:52 PM.
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #86
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Wow.. those pics of the OSV kit .. It is seriously thin. The A3D kits were at least 1/4" thick in fiberglass. (not bashing anyones product, Just stating the facts, so I dont want to see anyone bad mouthing a3d or bodykits.org... I'm trying to help them resolve the issue)

Maybe bodykits.org can add more fiberglass on the backside to make them a hair thicker (like 1-2 more layer of mat). That should make the rear bumper not warp like that in the middle.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #87
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
We were told that they would be 1/4" but this is what we got.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #88
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
andy if you want to bring the spoiler by and test fit it on mine your more than welcome. I can yank razzi off
I may be in your area on Sunday, you gonna be around?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #89
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
I just did a Google search and there are some other vehicle forums who are looking to go the same route you all did with bodykits.org.

It wouldn't be too hard to send them an e-mail with a link to these threads if Bodykits isn't doing things that were expected of them.

Just throwing it out there...
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #90
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJules View Post
I just did a Google search and there are some other vehicle forums who are looking to go the same route you all did with bodykits.org.

It wouldn't be too hard to send them an e-mail with a link to these threads if Bodykits isn't doing things that were expected of them.

Just throwing it out there...
PM'd you.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #91
tnalero99
GX Member

tnalero99 is an unknown quantity at this point
My kit was delivered today and got some quick pics of it. The top of the rear is wavy but may not be the worst. A chip on the front low middle but that is no big deal. Not sure about the sides, they look the same but seem like they could go on either way. Spoiler looks like it my fit ok but didn't come with any way to attach it to the car, thought it was going to be 3M automotive tape or something.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #92
tnalero99
GX Member

Another that wouldn't fit in previous.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #93
tnalero99
GX Member

The spoiler looks ok, it was just how he was holding onto it. I think it will line up fine. Once I get time I will talk to some body guys I know and get feedback on how much work it may take to get it fixed, might not be as bad as I think. I at least am still hopeful that it may not be that bad after all.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #94
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say this. Looks like you got some incomplete stuff, but...and there is a but....you are alot closer to having an osv kit then anyone else. You will just have to modify these to work. This is the kind of stuff that happens when no one is there to keep tabs on the project but oh well its done now. We shall see what kind of guys these people are depending on how they solve all of these issues. I can't imagine how much it would cost for some one to send the whole kit back for repairs or modifications. If this was me they would pay for it to be shipped back and make the repairs and pay for shipping back. Did anyone get anything in writing about what was expected..I take it that there was no paperwork drawn up at all?

I feel bad for you guys cause it pisses me off to get screwed out of 10 bucks couldn't imagine what it feels like to get screwed out of 1200 maybe more.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #95
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I'd say this. Looks like you got some incomplete stuff, but...and there is a but....you are alot closer to having an osv kit then anyone else. You will just have to modify these to work. This is the kind of stuff that happens when no one is there to keep tabs on the project but oh well its done now. We shall see what kind of guys these people are depending on how they solve all of these issues. I can't imagine how much it would cost for some one to send the whole kit back for repairs or modifications. If this was me they would pay for it to be shipped back and make the repairs and pay for shipping back. Did anyone get anything in writing about what was expected..I take it that there was no paperwork drawn up at all?

I feel bad for you guys cause it pisses me off to get screwed out of 10 bucks couldn't imagine what it feels like to get screwed out of 1200 maybe more.
Nobody has to return a kit for them to make corrections. they can make all the bumpers they want, they have the molds.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #96
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Well I got all my bumpers and rocker mouldings off and I also got 2 passenger side skirts and started checking fitment and found quite a few problems that bodykits HAS to fix.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #97
Oldsnut

Holy .........

Those side skirts look a little short.

Last edited by Oldsnut : 02-28-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #98
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
the first 2 pics is the area to where the kit is too thick and it sticks out from the body and will need to ground down.

As for the rocker mouldings.............they are effing short as you can see from the pics. I compared to a 2dr and 4dr rocker and as you can see they are too short and won't fit. I will be emailing bodykit about this.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #99
Oldsman
Owner

a few more pics
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #100
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
how on earth did they get that far off? they had an alero RIGHT THERE to check stuff on
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote