Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
InFaMoUs_ALERO_210
GX Member

InFaMoUs_ALERO_210 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to InFaMoUs_ALERO_210
car rpm problems

i started mi car today like usual but my engine was accelerating and my rpm went up 2 the 2000 mark and it wouldnt go down i checked everithing and disconnected the cables on the carburator and it stooped this really freaked me out i think it has a bad sensor or somthing has this happened to any one before??
InFaMoUs_ALERO_210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Why post in "General "Performance? Do you know your engine type? That narrows things down a bit when we know what engine out of the 3 that the Alero comes with.

You don't have a carburetor. It's a throttle body.

Either throttle position sensor, idle air control motor/valve, or you have a vacuum leak. You should be able to get it scanned by a local auto parts store and see if there's any DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) that may or may not be causing any of your dash warning lights to come on.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
InFaMoUs_ALERO_210
GX Member

yea sry its a 3400 and i think it has that vacum leak anyways i was checking it today and i found some oil on the air return pipe that goes on top of the air duct the plastic hose i dont kno what causes that but i might get my mechanic check that..

Last edited by InFaMoUs_ALERO_210 : 09-02-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: picture
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
That's normal........ your positive crankcase ventilation. Oil tends to be sucked through as well.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
InFaMoUs_ALERO_210
GX Member

ok one other thing i found it as well on one of the sensors behind the trottle valve it has a 3 pin circular shape oce i cleaned it it worked better maybe i need to check and clean all the sensors since i have worked on the car so maybe ill clean them all or somthing..