Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation what the fu@#.

ok guys if you can stick with this i hope you can help me out...

ok so i drove the car to sandusky (about 350 miles roundtrip) car did great!!! got almost 35 miles per gallon.....

never been happier...

then last week i left the car in the on position all night, came home obviously dead battery,,,i jump the battery and it has a few rough starts that day ...

now it gets weird...

i drove another trip 2 days later almost 300 miles round trip car did great!!

but the last two days one of three things happen at startup

1.) turns on fine'
2.) cranks but wont turn on, or turn over then immediately stall then second try turns on and stays on..
3.) just cranks and wont start. but 5 minutes later will turn over fine

yesterday i pull into the driveway and turn off the car come back out side and crank crank nothin.. then second try not even dash lights come on nothing as if the battery was out of the car,,,,, 5 minutes later it fires right up and i back up and see a puddle of coolent from my overflow tank in the driveway....

today it starts fine but my tripometer has been reset itself twice(thinkin the batterry did that) and i leave work it turns over fine then get home to go swimming and crank crank ?NOTHING would not turn over...

my dad trys it 2 hours later it starts up ad he drives it to the store where he had trouble starting it..!!!

PLEASE HELP im frustrated
sorry for the rant guys
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Hmmm....
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
worknprog.99
GLS member

yeah it didnt do this until i left it on all night.. but would a battery really do all that?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
Yes, get a NEW battery. the passlock keeps going into learm mode because voltage is low. Passlock works ont he resistance of the circuit, low voltage means, inaccuare resistance reading at the BCM. New battery, passlock learn, done
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
check if terminals are loose

and then get a new battery
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktrax View Post
Yes, get a NEW battery. the passlock keeps going into learm mode because voltage is low. Passlock works ont he resistance of the circuit, low voltage means, inaccuare resistance reading at the BCM. New battery, passlock learn, done

if it was low, wouldnt the car not start?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post

if it was low, wouldnt the car not start?

there are many times now where the car wont start
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
This is all stuff that I put into my first post, but I edited it out after reading about the other problems. About just the battery tho, check the terminals for corrosion. If there is not corrosion, most likely one of the battery cells went bad, rendering it unable to perform consistently.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #9
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusWill View Post
This is all stuff that I put into my first post, but I edited it out after reading about the other problems. About just the battery tho, check the terminals for corrosion. If there is not corrosion, most likely one of the battery cells went bad, rendering it unable to perform consistently.

whats weird is connections and everything are ok.. it JUST started this the battery is reletivaly new
Old 06-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
wierd, check voltage and amperage of battery anyway
Old 06-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #11
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
wierd, check voltage and amperage of battery anyway

how would i test that?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
autozone! aaahahaa
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99alerogirl View Post
autozone! aaahahaa

yep, bring it in
Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #14
worknprog.99
GLS member

k.... its really pissing me off
Old 06-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #15
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
k.... its really pissing me off

easy boy, check gorunds and the main power line into the fuse box
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #16
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
its definately a connection or internal problem in the battery. be glad its not engine problems. re-check all the connections and clean them if they look dirty. if that doesn't solve it borrow a friends battery and see if it works. if that solves it get a new battery.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #17
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
New doesnt always mean good, prob 1 in 10 i change at work is Dead on Arrival cause of getting knocked around in shipping.

Why i love my yellow top Optima
Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #18
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
its definately a connection or internal problem in the battery. be glad its not engine problems. re-check all the connections and clean them if they look dirty. if that doesn't solve it borrow a friends battery and see if it works. if that solves it get a new battery.

if that makes the car explode, can i have it?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
worknprog.99
GLS member

well connections are good battery has fluid and and stuff is clean.. battery is not even that old... im wondering if the cell is going dry or dead... i dont see how leaving it on all night will cause it to work sometimes and not at all others within five minutes of each other
Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
well connections are good battery has fluid and and stuff is clean.. battery is not even that old... im wondering if the cell is going dry or dead... i dont see how leaving it on all night will cause it to work sometimes and not at all others within five minutes of each other

batteries dont like going dead