Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 01-13-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
AleroSS

Hey Guys, just looked under the hood of my car yesterday when I had to give her a boost, and noticed that the hose/line had snapped off this part. I also think my fuel consumption has been goin to poop in the last day, but that may have nothing to do with it. It feels like the line is feeding air to the unit, and like that unit is drawing air, if that makes my problem any clearer. I am planning on hitting up the dealership tomorrow to see what the heck this is and have it fixed, but someone please put my mind at ease and tell me what it is, what it does, and how bad it is that it is detached... I havent been getting any "service engine soon" lights or anything, so im not sure what it is, Please help me out, im goin nuts.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:31 PM   #2
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
looks like your vaccum line, but dood if it deteached just plug it back in.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
AleroSS

nah see, its broken - what is the vacuum line responsible for? (Damn me and my lack of engine knowledge)
Old 01-13-2004, 08:25 PM   #4
havik

I'm not sure, took a quick look at my references and turned up nothing. I'll look more into it.

btw that better not be a CAI!!! issed: lol
Old 01-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #5
AleroSS

dude, that aint my engine bay, i dont have a digi cam but that was the best pic that i could find with the part - in fact that was the pic that i was sending to a guy who was gonna make our cai coincidentally, lol
Old 01-13-2004, 08:43 PM   #6
havik

I see, I could take a pic with my cam if you like, plus I'll look around some more for help to your situation :thumbsup:
Old 01-13-2004, 09:32 PM   #7
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
vacume lines control a lot of things in a car... moreso with the older cars.. allthou even with the new cars a lot is vacume controled for example the heating system is partially vacume controled..
That kinda looked like the pcv... maybe if i go out for lunch i'll check what that is on mine...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:23 PM   #8
geedog66

Quote:
Originally posted by havik@Jan 14 2004, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure, took a quick look at my references and turned up nothing. I'll look more into it.

btw that better not be a CAI!!! issed: lol
wow my cold air looks good
Old 01-15-2004, 12:10 AM   #9
AleroSS

Lol ^^^ SURE DOES !!! BTW guys it turns out it was a vacuum line to the vacuum solenoid or something - gonna be replaced when the part gets in...
Old 01-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #10
Silverknight

if u ask me, it probably regulated your fuel. that might be why you've been getting sh!tty gas milage for the last while....I disconnect my vacum line when ever I'm at the track, no SES light but the car eats fuel and oil like a fat kid and chocolate cake (mind u mine is the 2.4L, but the same pricipal applies)
Old 01-15-2004, 02:34 PM   #11
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
yay + 1 for silent, i was right, whadda i win??
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:05 PM   #12
AleroSS

You win the right to repair my car for free!!!! YAY!!!!! :P