Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-18-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
3.4Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by chicken dog+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chicken dog)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hey guys

a & b Sound quoted me a price of $445.73 to install a car starter. Does this sound right? I think it sounds a bit high. The actual break down of the cost is:
Starter - $119
Labour to install - $130
Bypass module - $49.99
Labour to install module $40
Override panic button - $40
Shop materials $4

What do you guys think? Is all of this stuff necessary to make the starter work? (I do have an after-market car alarm) [/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by 3.4Alero+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3.4Alero)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Alero's are a bitch to install remote starters. My dad and I gave up on mine. That sounds about right.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by badredalero
ya sounds right..when you think that $170 of that is labor that sucks....but ain't no way I'd try to install one on an alero.......
Quote:
Originally posted by freeze12
I had an "Astrostart" made by "Astroflex" in Quebec,Canada...Remote Starter & Remote door Opener for a total of $289.00 (lifetime warranty) Works great!!
Quote:
Originally posted by velocity
That sounds about right, don't know about that "override panic button" charge though, they might be trying to play you.
Quote:
Originally posted by 3.4Alero
/\ /\ yea, didn't notice that one. I would question it.
There not hard to do but only if you know what your doing. I've done 3 alero's/grand am's already. The price sounds about right especially if its a manual, since theres more safty switches and overides to install. That data bus that GM is installing in cars now is making it a real bitchto install remote starters/alarms.[/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-Fast Eddie

I assume the bypass is for the override to get the car NOT to be in gear when you park it, if thats the case you can save yourself $90 buy taking 10 minutes and doing it yourself (search here) and the panic sounds like BS ask em what these are actually going to do. I bet you really don't need those and can save yourslef close to $150, which of course you can send 1/2 of too me as a "consultant" [/quote]