Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Alero_Mod

Need help with window skratching..... PLEASE :(

Hey Gang..
I am having a issue with my windows getting scratched when they go up and down. I have tried to keep clean the weather stripping but still no go my front windows both do it.. and yeah not to happy about it..

Can anyone help?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
common problem with aleros. not sure if there is much you can do that is cheap.
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
Alero_Mod

REally?? I try and keep the Window clean and try to clean out the Windows seals.. still it does not work all the time.. So if it is common I take it you have the same problem? So basically live with it?
Old 01-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
El_Diablo

make sure the guides have felt still in place...
Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alero_Mod View Post
REally?? I try and keep the Window clean and try to clean out the Windows seals.. still it does not work all the time.. So if it is common I take it you have the same problem? So basically live with it?
yep i have the same problem. i just live with it and my dark tint makes it a little harder to see the scratches.
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerocar01 View Post
yep i have the same problem. i just live with it and my dark tint makes it a little harder to see the scratches.

damn your lucky, with my tint i can see scratches(you have to stare at the window for a little to see them, but they are annoying)
Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
Wreckless
GX Member

Wreckless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerocar01 View Post

Really?The scratches in my windows have kept me from getting them done.I just assumed youd be able to see them better with dark tint behind them.
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #8
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Mine scratches as well. It's a pain in the ass. I got tint done as well, it really doesn't make a difference with or without tint, you can see it equally as well.

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
Alero_Mod

Yeah well I am mean if all you guys say you have the same issue I am convinced for sure. I was going to replace the windows and tint.. Then never put them down till summer lol.... (Yeah right). Well thanks all who responded now I dont feel bad.. So I can still get the Windows tinted though right? I belive the only scratching is on the outside so I belive they tint the inside in most cases unless special application right?
Dano~
Old 01-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alero_Mod View Post
Yeah well I am mean if all you guys say you have the same issue I am convinced for sure. I was going to replace the windows and tint.. Then never put them down till summer lol.... (Yeah right). Well thanks all who responded now I dont feel bad.. So I can still get the Windows tinted though right? I belive the only scratching is on the outside so I belive they tint the inside in most cases unless special application right?
Dano~
yes they do the tint on the inside, but my scratching is on the inside.

but it cant be that bad right?? mine isnt HORRIBLE, im over the scratches, no biggie
Old 01-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
my scraching is on the outside.
greenbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #12
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
that happens all the time with me. its such a pain.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #13
El_Diablo

like i said, check the gruides and make sure felt is in place.. if the guides are down to bare metal then this is your problem, thats the first place i would look
Old 01-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
Alero_Mod

I will check that for sure El Diablo its my project this weekend another with news pics and different pics to show you guys if needed. But thanks again guys your awsome!