Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 09-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Buying stuff for "my shop" (body guys help!)

Ok, where to start...lol.... Im moving out to Ohio and im gonna live with my friends parents. They have plenty of space and they said i could use the garage that is attached to the barn (half is a garage, half is manland....pool table, tv, card table, etc.) so i get that garage to do body work in.

My question is.... (mainly directed towards bdyman and clutch) what kind of stuff am i going to need that im probably not thinking of/know of?

I already have a compressor in mind....http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...lo ckType=G14

(before anyone tells me, i know im gonna need to get the wiring upgraded)

and i know i need an air line filter to get the water outta the lines....

I also need to get a small grinder, plastic welding kit, a welder, maybe a new spray gun, stud welder/puller, a jack, jack stands, welding blanket, plastic to put over the parts of the car im not painting....

i wanna make sure im fully prepared....i dont wanna have to stop in the middle of a job and go get a random tool that i forgot about.

SO....ANY TOOLS THAT IM GONNA NEED IN THE FUTURE!?

also, clutch...and bdyman too..lol...i know you made a "paint booth"....with wood and plastic sheets....my question is what do i need for that? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and i know im gonna need to get some type of heater so during the winter i can get it to about 70 degrees where im gonna be painting.... just gotta find a good little heater... lol...SO MANY THINGSSS!!!!

BDYMAN/CLUTCH----YOU GUYS HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANNA SELL!? lol
Old 09-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Plastic sheets can get at like menards home depot and so on. Just plastic sheeting. Also get a couple box fans and some furnace filters.
Sander,planer and some nice lights
Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ohhhh billlyyyyyyyyyyyy
you have my number calling me to talk is better, to much to type my hands hurt right now
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
lol I was about to say... you need bdyman, he's the best tool you can get!! lol j/k

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.novakon.net/nm-200proseries2.html
Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #6
hotrodwolf
GX Member

hotrodwolf is on a distinguished road
nice
Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 AM   #7
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
what do u have already? DA, flexboards, hammers, slidehammer, acetylene etc etc
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:02 AM   #8
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
ive got all the basic tools....D/A, hammers, dollies, no spread board....ummm .....cheese grater.... gonna have to get a slide hammer.....good one!.....uhhhhh....jeez its too late to be thinkin like this lol....i basically have all the tools i need to dis-assemble/re-assemble....and i have some basic body work tools.... i need sleeeeep