Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-25-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
fiestyalerogirl81

Alright ONe never buy those tire valve caps that light up as u are driving, and make it look like the lights are chasing each other. Ok, I"m having a problem getting the damn caps off, they are on there pretty darn tight. I can't even budge them off to put air in the tires. I tried pliers, wd-40, lubricant spray, anything and the little poops wont budge. Anyone got any ideas!!!!! I need to get air in one of my tires soon, and this is a pain in the butt!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:33 PM   #2
freeze12
GL Member

freeze12 is an unknown quantity at this point
HA-HA.... Been there, done that with a Customers car. You will have to get 2 Pliars..one on the cap & the other on the stem (not too tight) & turn like Hercules!! If that does not work get the tire rotated so that the stem is on the bottom & then use PB Blaster (great stuff) or WD & let it soak for a while & try again. Next time use never seize on the threads.

...Dan...
Old 11-25-2003, 06:56 PM   #3
fiestyalerogirl81

i've been turning like herecules. i have cuts on my fingers.:;here kiss my finger!
Old 11-25-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
freeze12
GL Member

:rolleyes: SMACK :rolleyes: Now go to Autozone or Wally world & buy some "PB Blaster"

...Dan...
Old 12-02-2003, 07:19 PM   #5
fiestyalerogirl81

just and update.....ok its been a week that i've been trying to get those little boogers off the valve stem. trying everything, even the bp plaster did not work. so i finally took my car to discount auto tire, and they couldnt get it off themselves, the valve caps corrored, so they replaced the valve stems, gave me chrome ones, rotated my tireds, and added air, all for nothing. I am a very a happy customer of discount auto tire.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #6
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
congrats on the happy ending but why in gods name do you have those ricer looking light up bulbs on your alero? I'm just wondering, what in the world pocesses you woman...?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:39 PM   #7
fiestyalerogirl81

i seen them on some internet site and thought they were cool at first. yeah right friggen cheap ass pieces of tard.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:45 PM   #8
freeze12
GL Member

Do Yourself a favor & throw those chrome one's in the garbage as they will corrode also. There is a reason why plastic ones are used as they do not react with the brass on the valve stem & corrode.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #9
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
nice excuse and true dat'
Old 12-02-2003, 11:28 PM   #10
duesergirl

Yeah, I made the mistake of buying the chrome ones and ended up almost ripping out the valve stem trying to get them off. The thing that pissed me off about it though, was that they had been fine, going off and on just like they were supposed to, until I took the car into Walmart for an oil change and they checked the air in the tires. When they put the caps back on they screwed them up. So I took it back in and they replaced all the valve stems and gave me my money back for the caps. At least it didn't turn out too bad.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:35 PM   #11
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
nothing beats a black plastic cover
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 11:38 PM   #12
fiestyalerogirl81

the caps arent chrome. the stems are, the caps are black plastic. :-) sorry i didnt specify earlier.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:56 PM   #13
duesergirl

Yeah, they told me when I got mine replaced that if I wanted to buy the chrome valve stems then I could keep the chrome caps, because they actually work together. But apparently on rubber stems you have to have the plastic caps, nothing else works.

I should have gone with the chrome stems, then I could have put whatever I wanted on there, but I didn't have any money at the time and the rubber ones were cheaper.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:44 PM   #14
fiestyalerogirl81

dueser, try discount tire next time, if they have any out in florida. i didnt pay nothing for mine, and they did a free tire rotation.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:28 PM   #15
duesergirl

Thanks, I'll check it out. That name sounds familar, maybe I've seen one around here. I'll have to check.