Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-03-2003, 12:25 AM   #1
shockz

I was driving home today when a Cavailer cut me off. I had no choice but to run over a curb to avoid hitting them and causing a crash. When I ran over the curb the bottom of my car hit and scraped the curb. It was a very loud bang. Anyways I pull back onto the road and now every time I accelerate from 0MPH to around 5-7MPH I hear this sliding clonk/clank/bonk sound comming from several spots in the front and middle of my car. The front sounds come from the center to the passenger side of the car while the sound in the middle of the car sounds like its comming from under the arm rest. And when ever I turn into my drive way I hear a clonk sound. I'm going to get my car in for service on Saturday, and I'm going to have them fix this problem too - but does anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

- AleroGL02
Old 12-03-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
could be anything... but souunds like you bent something that is spinning.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:41 AM   #3
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
bring it in or put it up on a hoist...sounds like you messed somethin up real good.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:10 PM   #4
3.4Alero

Did you get the Cavy's licence plate #? If so, turn it into your insurance company or call the cops with it. Then you won't have to pay for it. I agree with Naich, something that spins got fugged up. I'm sure your alignment is toast too.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:03 PM   #5
flalero

Things could be bent, wheels could be bent, exhaust could be busted, frame could be busted, etc. Let us know what is wrong with it after you get it serviced.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #6
shockz

Quote:
Originally posted by 3.4Alero@Dec 3 2003, 05:10 PM
Did you get the Cavy's licence plate #? If so, turn it into your insurance company or call the cops with it. Then you won't have to pay for it. I agree with Naich, something that spins got fugged up. I'm sure your alignment is toast too.
No, I wasn't able to get it - but I see the car all the time. I can tell its the car because it has big yellow and blue flames on the side. So it should be easy to spot.

When I find them I will write it down.

I agree that something is spinning. Either that or I'm thinking its the exhaust or supsension.

The alignment is off slightly, it now pulls to the right.

I looked under it as best I could.... the frame doesn't seem to be bent - infact everything seems in place. The only visible damage I can see is that the black plastic front thing that is at the bottom of the front bumper is shattered and hanging off.

I still have my 36,000 mile warranty. Will that cover some of the damage?

Or will they say that you ran off the road - its your fault.

Once I get it serviced on Saturday I will report back what happened to it.

I just hope its not expensive.

I'm not driving the car until Saturday.

- AleroGL02
Old 12-03-2003, 04:18 PM   #7
misslindseysue

I'd still call the cops now. Say you didn't report it at the time because you didn't notice any damage, but now that you've driven it there's definately a problem, and you want a report. Warranty isn't meant to cover things like that, and you'd have have to pay the deductible on your insurance.
There's a chance the cops will recognize a car like that too, especially if the person is that bad of a driver.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:50 PM   #8
shockz

I decided to take the car to my friends father (he's a mechanic) and it looks like I have a broken strut on my front left wheel and my alignment is out-of-whack. He's still looking at it, but thats all he could find so far.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #9
shockz

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Dec 3 2003, 09:18 PM
I'd still call the cops now. Say you didn't report it at the time because you didn't notice any damage, but now that you've driven it there's definately a problem, and you want a report. Warranty isn't meant to cover things like that, and you'd have have to pay the deductible on your insurance.
There's a chance the cops will recognize a car like that too, especially if the person is that bad of a driver.
I'm going to talk to them tomorrow. They are always at my school and probably know who the guy is.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #10
shockz

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroGL02@Dec 3 2003, 09:50 PM
I decided to take the car to my friends father (he's a mechanic) and it looks like I have a broken strut on my front left wheel and my alignment is out-of-whack. He's still looking at it, but thats all he could find so far.
Exhaust system messed up too.

Thats all he could find.

Atleast I know what the problems are now.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:51 PM   #11
fiestyalerogirl81

definatly take it in, and have them take a look. I scraped the bottom of my car too, from pulling out of the driveway(driveway is on ahill, and the curb is high) or stupid me when i'm drunk, i'll forget there is a curb in front of me and i'll try to go forward. (yeah laugh all u want, cuz i'm laughing too) Well I guess from all the curb scraping, I just happend to be lucky to just knock off the black guard. But now I have to becareful since I do not have anything there.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:52 PM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
make that cavy pay for it. what a jack-off.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #13
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
yea, i scrape my exhaust all the time. the front black plastic thing....yea.......thats completely gone. lol good luck gettin it all fixed tho.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #14
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
i had to order a new black thing for the front too...mine was off when i bought my car...pretty cheap though.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #15
shockz

OK. So heres whats new.

The cops were able to find the cavy guy and he does have insurance.
All my damages ($645.42) will be paid for by his insurance company.

He at first denied what he did, but after I had a chat with him about how I couldn't pay for everything he felt bad and confessed to it.

So everything seems to have worked out good. My car went into service yesterday and I should have it back by Tuesday.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:08 PM   #16
boarder211

Damn. That's nuts that the dude's that honest about it... Nice to know that there still are honourable people in this world!

Unless... did your friend "Jimmy" talk to him for you with a baseball bat in his hand?

Glad to hear that it worked out in the end, cuz that would have really sucked