Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 11-18-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
havik

Havik note: I removed a lot of crap from all these posts

Originally posted by slalomking

What are you Ecotec automatic owners getting for around town suburban driving?

I got a new '03. I realize the engine is still tight,, and the AC is on all the time, but I just measured 20.0 MPG. I'm kinda pissed, now that gas is about a buck seventy five!!! I was hoping for 23 MPG at least.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:26 PM   #2
havik

Originally posted by Oldsman71

That gas mileage does seem bad. I thought the eco got better MPG than the 2.4. Stock my 2.4 with auto got 23-24 in town and 28 on highway but now i am at 26 in town and 31-32 on highway.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #3
havik

Originally posted by Bspot

I've got a 5spd ECO, and i'm pulling 27 in the city and somewhere between 35 and 37 on the highway.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:29 PM   #4
havik

Originally posted by brsexton

Ok..For the first few thousand miles, my MPG's SUCKED with my 03' auto Ecotec...but around 7,000 miles I went on a 1,600 mile trip and I got around 36 Mpg's...I thought that was great! and I had the AC on the whole time also.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #5
AleroSS

First off dude -TURN THE FREAKIN A/C OFF, you realize we both are in winter, in Winnipeg?!?!?! :P

I have found that with the way I like to drive, and the amount that I let my car heat up doenst allow me to get a true indication of gas mileage on my car. However, I do know that it wasnt as high as I expected/wanted...
Old 11-18-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
havik

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroSS@Nov 18 2003, 06:54 PM
First off dude -TURN THE FREAKIN A/C OFF, you realize we both are in winter, in Winnipeg?!?!?! :P

I have found that with the way I like to drive, and the amount that I let my car heat up doenst allow me to get a true indication of gas mileage on my car. However, I do know that it wasnt as high as I expected/wanted...
ME?? I didn't ask the question. I posted it from the previous forum. lol

My Gas kilometerage (I am in Canada ) was crap and still is crap to an extent because I was (still am) teaching myself the proper way to drive a standard. The person who did teach me was one of those people you see stalled all over town.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:42 PM   #7
bdyman

mine is even worse now!!! i usally fill up friday night and by sunday night i have to fill up again no joke!
Old 11-21-2003, 09:01 PM   #8
havik

According to these reports the MPG on the alero has gotten better over the years but not by much.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:20 AM   #9
bdyman

now with the header oh my god!!!!! terrible!!! i feel like iam driving a fat man at the buffet table...lol..........