Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
help me choose one of these two radios.

i just picked up two radios from work, was able to take them out of used vehicles for free... well had to find and put in a factory replacment radio.

i have:

1) pioneer DEH-P47DH (double din)

and

2) kenwood KDC-MP235.

both have sub out

the pioneer had aux-in in rear
the kenwood has aux-in in front, remote and SAT ready to boot.

i know nothing about these two radios other then they are both fully functional. i dont know their age, which one would sound bettter etc.

im not realy planing on installing a sub at the moment, have more priorits

any imput?.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Silver SLP
GX Member

Silver SLP is on a distinguished road
I would recommend the Kenwood kdc mp235. I have had many of these (new models come out every year) and never had any problems other than my own wiring mistakes. I like that the face plate is removable and the customization is great.
Silver SLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
so i noticed on ebay some of the pictures of the pioneer show the buttons lighting up. mine dont. none of them. idk if its a wiring harness problem ( i just transfered the whole setup over to my truck) or if there is an internal problem with the radio.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
Do you have the illumination wire connected? It's either an orange wire or orange/white.
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PONTIACGA View Post
Do you have the illumination wire connected? It's either an orange wire or orange/white.

Have not inspected. Just noticed this a min ago. If its not connected then its the dual of the PO
Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Both deck output 22W RMS per channel, Pioneer deck has 2.2V Preout Voltage, Kenwood deck has 2.5V Preout Voltage = Kenwood deck would have slightly better sound quality. However, the pioneer deck has a 9 band equalizer while the Kenwood deck has only 3.

For sound quality - Pioneer offers more fine tuned sound with a better equalizer but the Kenwood has a better sound signal.

source: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...DEH-P47DH.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KDC-MP235.html

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
That pioneer is actually a 1.5 din for the older GM and Chrysler applications.

I was actually looking for a good used one since that size isn't made anymore.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
That pioneer is actually a 1.5 din for the older GM and Chrysler applications.

I was actually looking for a good used one since that size isn't made anymore.

Ill sell it to u. Everything works except for the button lights. I checked the wiring and still don't work. Radio, cd, aux work.