Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
hp tuners programing tips and tricks.

hey all, hp tuners should be arriving tomorrow andi ll probably start to play with it Thursday. vehicle im tuning:

2002 gmc sierra 4x4
4.3 v6 5spd.
mods: exhaust and k&n drop in filter with modded air box.
mods in process: modded butter fly valve

symptoms:
high fuel trims (+9 long term cruise)

iv already rapped this thing for vac leaks. found nothing. if you insist i can give you the run down but its too much to type.

so i know i need to start with the VE tables, get them down right and then add timing as nessasary. iv also been following some other links with step bys but they dont awnser ALL my questions.

the thing i have to ask is what tips do you guys have for tuning WITHOUT a wide bad sensor. it is NOT in my budet at the moment.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
www.hptuners.com/forum/
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah im aware of the forum. ill probably visit regularly. but i also wanted to keep this personal and local amongst people i know on THIS forum too.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I know that the injectors shouldn't be maxed out.

My stock injectors where at 21.3 in the PCM, my 28 lbs are at 26.7

You have a stick, but automatic shift pressure should be at 96 max.

Play with the fan on and off temps. That's easy and fun. I set mine lower

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I know that the injectors shouldn't be maxed out.

My stock injectors where at 21.3 in the PCM, my 28 lbs are at 26.7

You have a stick, but automatic shift pressure should be at 96 max.

Play with the fan on and off temps. That's easy and fun. I set mine lower

I never state injectors were maxed. i just dont like high fuel trims. specialy since im going to be adding even more air to it in areas with the modded butterfly. also i havnt wired my fans up yet to work with the computer.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Wasn't saying that, just telling you my extend of programming knownledge. As you can see, it's not much

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Haha ok. Do u know how to make adjustments to the maf sensor? I cannot get that histo to work
Old 10-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

I'm not really too sure exactly how I did it. I just kept playing around with the program and then I looked at Histo 8 (which was MAF on my car) and it was there.

I was opening up all different windows within the program and it was there. It's in the scan you did (if you did one) you just have to open it up somehow. I seem to remember doing a "save as" to get to work

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
hey all, hp tuners should be arriving tomorrow andi ll probably start to play with it Thursday. vehicle im tuning:

2002 gmc sierra 4x4
4.3 v6 5spd.
mods: exhaust and k&n drop in filter with modded air box.
mods in process: modded butter fly valve

symptoms:
high fuel trims (+9 long term cruise)

iv already rapped this thing for vac leaks. found nothing. if you insist i can give you the run down but its too much to type.

so i know i need to start with the VE tables, get them down right and then add timing as nessasary. iv also been following some other links with step bys but they dont awnser ALL my questions.

the thing i have to ask is what tips do you guys have for tuning WITHOUT a wide bad sensor. it is NOT in my budet at the moment.

Sell pictures of your sister on the internet and get yourself a WB dude....

Post a log, the tune, and the config you are using... need those to see what you have going on bud.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I'm not really too sure exactly how I did it. I just kept playing around with the program and then I looked at Histo 8 (which was MAF on my car) and it was there.

Your using the one I sent you I think man... that's why 8 is there... lol
Old 10-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #11
MMGT1
GLS member

Can we not post files here guys? Was going to upload a config file here for HPT users and it wont let me. Am I not doing it right or something?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Can we not post files here guys? Was going to upload a config file here for HPT users and it wont let me. Am I not doing it right or something?

I've never seen files uploaded on here, might have to use google drive and just make the file public.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
MMGT1
GLS member

They should give us that one man... hint, hint... nudge, nudge... say no more, say no more

And there are still no plums in Canada<< One for the old timers here...
Old 10-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Test Link

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...899#post174899

(link to an HP Tuners post that has a file attached)

Last edited by AleroB888 : 10-05-2013 at 03:27 PM.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
MMGT1
GLS member

How did you link the actual post its' self bud? That will work. I know how to link a page no problem, but how to link a post is beyond me...lol
Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
How did you link the actual post its' self bud? That will work. I know how to link a page no problem, but how to link a post is beyond me...lol

I went to my profile and clicked on "most recent posts" and got the link, then edited the post to include the attachment.

It shows the rest of the thread, but I picked a thread that got no replies, to keep it short...
Old 10-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
couldn't you also upload to the repository?

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
MMGT1
GLS member

That is fine for .hpt files but configs wont upload there I don't think
Old 10-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #19
MMGT1
GLS member

hey bud, replied to your message on HP Tuners... check it out and get back to me when you can
Old 10-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #20
MMGT1
GLS member

For now, 9% lean is a little out there. You need to add the % error to your MAF table in your tune. You need to look at the area of the reported MAF Hz where the -9% is happening. Then, add 9% to that section of the MAF table and scan it again and see if what you trims are reporting. If you end up within a couple of a % you are good, if you overshoot then you would need to add a little back in. Use the MAF table to get it all as close to 0 reported trims as possible. Once the MAF is fueling the vehicle properly then we will need to fail the MAF and tune the VE table. Once the VE table is tuned then you will go back to the MAF table and make any minor adjustments the MAF requires due to the changes in the VE tables.

Before any of this though, how old is your O2 sensor man? I would make sure you have a new one in place for this. I do not want to see you tuning with a tired O2 bud. Then to tune the PE mode, area above 7500hz in your tune, needs to be done with a wideband. Narrow band cannot be trusted outside stoich readings. A narrow band, in proper working order, is extremely accurate at stoich, but at stoich only. Anything outside of the normal cruise section of the MAF/VE cannot be trusted with a narrow band sensor. That said, I can get you spot on in your normal cruise and get you close in PE so your safe, but a WB will be needed to do this right.
Once your fueling is good we can move onto timing, then into trans settings...