Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-25-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
alerojunkie

Does anyone know where I can get this interface for under $90. I've seen some others from PAC, Soundgate, and Metra that range about the same price. The one from Metra is at Circuit City for 60 and if anyone knows how good it is let me know. Also does anyone know if the Metra retains the RAP like the Peripheral does? Post your comments about what you think is the best interface for the money.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
Johnnyangel

I got the Peripheral for $75 at the audio shop I frequent, but I'm sure they gave me a discount. It's been great so far, the chime is a little weak, but the wiring was easy and the sound quality didn't go down at all. I used a cheap-o harness in my GF's '99 alero and it sounded like crap till I bought one that didn't use the cheapest wire known to man... :rolleyes:
Old 12-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #3
alerojunkie

Well I the only interface that I could find at any local audio shop was the Scosche version (GM09). What was funny was that it was the first time that half of the installers had even seen it when I got them to pull it out of the back. Gotta call them later on this week to let them know how the install goes so that they can start using that instead of the relocation harness. I found it for $79 which is twenty bucks cheaper than it was on sounddomain.com. Ill hook it up on tues and we will see how it works.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:37 AM   #4
2ndAlero

I'd love anyone's feedback on the interfaces / wiring harnesses that are out there. My stock deck's CD player has died and I've got a spare aftermarket unit to put in the Alero from a previous car that I would love to use.

I'd prefer not to have to relocate the stock unit, but I can find those harnesses (BHA2004T) for just under $50.

I can't find the Scosche GM09 even on the Scosche website. They go from GM01 to GM07 on their site.. so no clue what the GM09 is. Until I saw this post, I was having a hard time finding what I was looking for on the Peripheral site (very hard to navigate that site!).

It sounds like the Peripheral GMCO unit is a plug and play sort of deal, which is nice. What else is out there that allows you to remove the stock head unit, but keep the chimes? What about the best prices on these things?

Also, what about those kits with the CD trays under them? Anyone have a good one to look at? I've found one on Bestkits.com (BKGM1583)... any others out there?

Thanks,

2ndAlero
Old 12-29-2003, 01:40 AM   #5
alerojunkie

As for the in dash kit, from what my seller told me was that you had to buy the GM1583 and then spend the extra 20 or 40 bucks (depending on who you buy from) to get the cd pocket tray. As for the GM09, I think Scosche just came out with it and the only site that I know it is on is sounddomain.com. Im hooking this up tomorrow so we will see how it goes.

But for this audio dumbass, I have another question. This is the first time Ive ever done this and when i started connecting the GM09 to the aftermarket harness, I realized that there are only four speaker connections. My question is will I still get all six speakers to work. I do not know if the front 4x6 and tweeter is wired as one or seperately. If you know the answer to this then please post cuz I do not want to lose any sound.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:05 AM   #6
Johnnyangel

The front tweeters are wired to the 4x6 speakers. The wires are soldered from the factory together. If you replace the speakers, you have to piggyback them to the new ones if you want them to work.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:23 AM   #7
2ndAlero

Quote:
Originally posted by alerojunkie@Dec 29 2003, 06:40 AM
As for the in dash kit, from what my seller told me was that you had to buy the GM1583 and then spend the extra 20 or 40 bucks (depending on who you buy from) to get the cd pocket tray. As for the GM09, I think Scosche just came out with it and the only site that I know it is on is sounddomain.com. Im hooking this up tomorrow so we will see how it goes.

But for this audio dumbass, I have another question. This is the first time Ive ever done this and when i started connecting the GM09 to the aftermarket harness, I realized that there are only four speaker connections. My question is will I still get all six speakers to work. I do not know if the front 4x6 and tweeter is wired as one or seperately. If you know the answer to this then please post cuz I do not want to lose any sound.
Well the GM09 kit doesn't look like it will work out for me... as the Sounddomain.com site says: Not for use with vehicles that have factory keyless entry systems.

Has anyone taken the stock HU out and kept all the functions? If so, what did you use?

I found a few things in my late night searching last night, but until I get a chance to make a few phones calls today from work I won't post anything on it.

Thanks.