Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-08-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
Johnnyangel

Well, that's what I get for going cheap the first time around- The power acoustik 12" I had in my Ranger for 6 months before I got my alero finally fried. I knew it'd happen eventually, so I wasn't that surprised. I bought a new Alpine SWR-1221D Type-R today, and it sounds just as loud but a lot cleaner. I can get about 90% through my volume range before it gets distorted. (By which time it's not really about quality anymore...) My GF's alero is only runing a 750 watt amp, so I'm buying a new Power Acoustik this weekend and returning the old one in its place (Power Acoustik thinks it's ok to advertise that a sub will take 1800 watts, then decline your warranty when you're only running 1200...) I'll install the new one in her car, she doesn't turn it up as loud as me. Every time I get something new in my alero, she gets something in hers- I just got my PS2 and LCD screen in there, so I had to install a Terk XM commander in hers the next day... at least she pays for her own stuff, cause I'd be totally broke tricking out 2 aleros!