Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

Old 01-22-2005, 12:09 AM   #101
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
make sure you guys take lots of pics
Old 01-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #102
rmulax19

leaving now for the 313 (Detroit)

i'll make sure to post up as soon as i get back and take lots and lots of pictures for everyone
Old 01-23-2005, 01:47 AM   #103
little_pontiac
GL Member

little_pontiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to little_pontiac
Well i will be the first to post about our adventures. Well some of our boys including Malero went down to windsor friday night to beat the bad ass storm that we got up here. We were late leaving this morning since we didn't leave last night by and hour or so took 6 hours to get to detroit with the bad weather, white out conditions, little cars trying to be the heros, quite funny stuff, pictures to come about that. well now even 15 minutes into detriot some huge ass ups truck desides he wants to pass Malero and that didn't go to well, some smoked car, bumer, trunk, window, plus more, no one was hurt thankfully, detroit is the worse for accidents there some stupid stuff. mike will post in more detail i am sure when he is back. Hope everything got worked out for you mike, good luck with the car.

and as for the show, it was great losts of pictures to show, i had fun taking them. Thanks for coming out James u made it there on time. and jason to bad we missed you. our ride home was only 4 hours with me sleeping for some of it, and thats all from me i am beat, going to bed, hope everyone got home alright....byeee
Old 01-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #104
Final-Reality

Hey just though I'd post up some interesting stuff that happened today (Sunday). I saw malero's car today, he was turning left onto huron church, presumably to go home, and I saw his car was all smashed up (at the time, I didnt know who's alero it was but I noticed the aleromod stickers).

I was driving my friend home, who lives near by. I went to turn into her driveway, and I got stick in a ~3 foot pile of snow left by the friendly snow plow... it was stupid to even try getting into her driveway but that's besides the point. So I'm stuck partly in her driveway, and the rest of my car is on the road, blocking traffic because the street is narrow and covered with snow. A guy comes from across the street and helps me push my car out.

He noticed my aleromod stickers, and as it turns out, he's a friend of malero. He told me that malero's car was hit by a USPS truck that fishtailed and ran into the back of him. "Oh really?" I said, and then it clicked "Oh poop, I just saw malero, he was turning onto huron church".

Small world, huh? So I thanked the guy and went on my way :P

Malero when you get this, thank your friend for me again ok? He lives on California, I don't know his name or anything but hopefully you know who it is...

Anyways I'm still working on getting my pics posted up I havnt had time to do up a website yet..
Old 01-23-2005, 04:03 PM   #105
misslindseysue

Geez, I'm glad I went last weekend. I'm about to head outside for the first time this weekend. I've heard the roads are still pretty crappy, but I need some dinner.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:44 PM   #106
Final-Reality

Ok I finally got a page up, the host it's on was free, so let me know if the page loads quickly enough and what not...

Here are all my NAIAS '05 pics, enjoy!

They're all 1280x960 resolution, it might be too big but I wanted nice quality pics so... if everybody thinks they're too big I can re-size them to 1024x768 or something...
Old 01-23-2005, 06:51 PM   #107
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, that was probably Jordan. He drives a 2dr grand prix GT. He is on this site as GrandPrixGT.

He was picking up his buddy to head back to Toronto himself.

And yeah, that was me driving around with my smashed up car
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:10 PM   #108
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Skiboarder311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Skiboarder311
Definatly an interesting day.

The snow was horrible, But since we pimp a 4wd trailblazer i blew rite thru it at about 65 the whole way

So i get there pretty much rite on time find a parking garage, then decided to wait for everyone so sat in my car for 45 minz.

Decide to wait inside the show, so i walk over to teh show and wait inside the lobby

I hear from Jen about 45 minz later and she tells me they're commin thru the tunnel and her fone is outta service. So i assume they'll be here in like 20 minz

3 hours later!!!!!! I still haven't heard from anyone so decide to go to the pontiac display and wait there. So i still hear from noone, then boom outta nowhere i spot jenn walkin up . So thats when they tell me a Post office truck smashed up mikes car (i know i work for them, but claim no responsibility LOL!!) and he has to wait like 4 hours for a tow truck.

so the day was all down hill from there. Saw some sweet rides at teh show, decided we were all stayin in windsor, then decided we were goin home, then decided we were stayin and partyin, then decided we were goin home LOL

P.S. don't sweat it mike, the post office has excellent insurance and u will be well compensated :thumbsup:
Old 01-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #109
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by MAlero@Jan 23 2005, 06:51 PM
Hey, that was probably Jordan. He drives a 2dr grand prix GT. He is on this site as GrandPrixGT.

He was picking up his buddy to head back to Toronto himself.

And yeah, that was me driving around with my smashed up car
I don't think thats the guy, he didnt mention that he posts on this site, only that he knew you :P
Old 01-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #110
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Jordan don't post on this site

hees from Grands Ontario
Old 01-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #111
little_pontiac
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skiboarder311@Jan 23 2005, 08:21 PM
Jordan don't post on this site

hes from Grands Ontario
he is on this board but hasn't posted in a while
Old 01-24-2005, 09:09 AM   #112
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
well i'll post too i guess..i went all the way tto north bay on saturday....hell of a drive...1600kms round trip...or 1000miles for you americans....then got a royal prick at the american border...that was WAY too much driving for 2 days....it was fun tho, but if i decide to go next year...i'm gona need an extra driver
Old 01-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #113
little_pontiac
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000_olds_alero@Jan 24 2005, 09:09 AM
well i'll post too i guess..i went all the way tto north bay on saturday....hell of a drive...1600kms round trip...or 1000miles for you americans....then got a royal prick at the american border...that was WAY too much driving for 2 days....it was fun tho, but if i decide to go next year...i'm gona need an extra driver
Glad to see you guys made it home alright, and nice seeing yeah pat
Old 01-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #114
rmulax19

ended up not going saturday because i didn't get home til 4pm. i left promptly at 9...mapquest says 5 hours, i've done it in 4 but it took me 7. that was all of the fun i was interested in for one day when it came to driving on crappy roads with the alero. the whole family came over for my grandpa's birthday and met the new girlfriend. we went and saw coach carter later on but drove my mom's denali so we tanked through the crappy roads.

next day, woke up bright and early and went to the show, got a lot of nice pictures and liked the show. i don't think it was as good as last year but it was still fun.

this summer, i'm selling the alero and buying a 4wd SUV so let's make sure we schedule something for next year too and i'll be there on time...hopefully.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:17 PM   #115
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

Quote:
Originally posted by little_pontiac@Jan 24 2005, 10:51 AM
Glad to see you guys made it home alright, and nice seeing yeah pat
it was nice seeing everybody again for sure :thumbsup:
Old 01-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #116
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Been waitin to hear from yah pat

i was kinda worried about u makin that drive on saturday night

But glad to hear u got home OK :thumbsup:
Old 01-24-2005, 05:46 PM   #117
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

haha poop dude...i tried callin ya, but i guess i input your # wrong....that was a crazy drive tho...never again am i doin a drive like that alone
Old 01-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #118
Skiboarder311
GLS member

we told yah not to go home

:thumbsup:
Old 01-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #119
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

Quote:
Originally posted by Skiboarder311@Jan 24 2005, 07:14 PM

yeah...but its a good thing i did...my appartment was a mess cuz the dog got lonely...still cleanin it up too

and even if i woulda left the next day, i woulda been tired either way
Old 01-24-2005, 06:22 PM   #120
little_pontiac
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000_olds_alero+Jan 24 2005, 06:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2000_olds_alero @ Jan 24 2005, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skiboarder311@Jan 24 2005, 07:14 PM

yeah...but its a good thing i did...my appartment was a mess cuz the dog got lonely...still cleanin it up too

and even if i woulda left the next day, i woulda been tired either way [/b][/quote]
But but, then we could have stayed and partied like the rest did, that would have been good. :P :P next time you.