Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Post Gas Smell

Well I have this corcern; I smell gas everytime I start the car, mostlikely when the car is cold. I have check for visible fuel leaks around the fuel rail and the lines, cant see any leak. Im going to check under the car once I can get it on the lift at work and more careful, but so far I never see anything on the ground. Also my brother said the same thing about my old car(his now), even before I started to noticed on my own car.
Is this something common on the ecotecs?? What should I check for?Pressure at the rails? Can it be a lil rich? idk. Please help me.

Dont want my baby to end up like the other guy car that just blew up.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
cars run rich on startup, dumping a ton of fuel heats up the kitty nice and quick, it's in open loop, once it hits closed loop and takes informatoin from the upsttream O2 sensor the car targets 14.6 AFR and runs close to stoichiometric.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Well that makes sence. Im still gonna double check for any leaks. I noticed it once the temperature was getting colder here. thx 4 the info.