Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
New Head Unit but no sound

I bought this Head Unit from Crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDR530/JVC-KD-R530.html?tp=5684&tab=review&mode=review&remail=bl ueazul2010%40live.com&vehicle=16078&stop_mobi=yes# overview-tab

I wired up all the wiring like the diagram showed matched the coloring of the wires and double checked and everything. (except the illumination wire (it said orange but it was white/orange)) And when I plugged it in everything came on on the radio except no sound comes out of any speakers. I would think if I soldered one of the speaker wires backwards it would still come out of the other 3 fine...It will tune to radio stations fine but not play any music. I also checked it by putting a CD in... Its not muted (at least it says it isn't). Is there anything special I have to do? And i am using the $80 adapter as well. It dings when the door is open and the key is in...so that part is working.

I'm pretty stumped to what is wrong. Would it have anything to do with my Monsoon amp? Do I have to bypass it somehow. I would also like to point out that I plugged in my stock radio back in and sound plays fine.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
iv got the monsoon and i didnt have any issue.

if your stock radio works still then your issue lies within the new radio and/or the wires you hooked up. if you wired your speakers back wards (+to- / -to +) they should still play music atleast. the wireing adapters (you get the one that matches your factory car harness and then you have to splice it to yoru radio harness?) is usualy bullet proof. if NONE of your speakers work i would think its in the radio.... or you are absolutly HORRIBLE at wiring to wire 4 speakers and have NONE of them work haha. im leaning towards a setting in the radio or afaulty radio. make sure your speaker fade/balance is neutral too.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
I'm stumped also.. did you try different sources aux am fm cd? none work at all? bench test your deck if you have and extra speaker laying around and test each set of speaker wires, play around with the settings i have a older version of this deck and it works pretty great
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
it looks fairly similar to my pioneer 44-hd unit.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
kROntast1c
GX Member

kROntast1c is on a distinguished road
try reseting the unit. that might do the trick, if not i dont know
kROntast1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't there a remote wire for the monsoon amps from the new head units? i don't have one in mine but I thought I remember a conversation about that wire needing to be hooked up. What year is your car?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Isn't there a remote wire for the monsoon amps from the new head units? i don't have one in mine but I thought I remember a conversation about that wire needing to be hooked up. What year is your car?

even if the monsoon amp wasnt hooked up the front speakers should still make sound.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
even if the monsoon amp wasnt hooked up the front speakers should still make sound.
That's why I asked...mine doesn't have the amp in it. Thanks!

With that said is there away to bypass the chime module and the amp to test the headunit by going directly to the speaker...it would at least tell you that the problem is either the headunit itself or the chime module\wiring?

I have a JVC headunit in the same family as the OP and I didn't experience an issue like this.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
I actually figured it out before I came back and checked out the replies lol. The problem actually a bad connection on the remote wire for the amp. I re-soldered it and worked great...

I would have thought the front speakers would have worked without that wire as well...
Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyspudkiss View Post
I actually figured it out before I came back and checked out the replies lol. The problem actually a bad connection on the remote wire for the amp. I re-soldered it and worked great...

I would have thought the front speakers would have worked without that wire as well...
Who said it first...THIS GUY...where's my rep....LMAO!......

glad you figured it out dude!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

damn that is so weird. last time i checked the amp only powered the rear speakers...