Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #21
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
There's a pickup screen on the oilpump, right? The piece surely wouldn't clear that, and fingers crossed on no metal shavings for ya dude!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #22
arsenal
V.I.P. Member

arsenal is on a distinguished road
So I ordered the part from the stealership and it cost $29.xx for just one rocker. I snapped a shot of them side by side for comparison shot.

...Still fishing for the piece. I don't believe it would go down as far as the pan. There's a small gap where it might have went but i've gotta track down some sort of magnet snake (something flexible) to fish in and hopefully catch it.
arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #23
arsenal
V.I.P. Member

Got it all put back together w/ no big problems.

Didn't drop the pan cause it seemed like a pain after reading the haynes manual, I did get a led snake magnet and didn't find and shaving or chunks above the cam area.

The only part that sucked was making sure the valve gasket was exactly where it needed to be.
When we did the LIMG the Rtv from it was also holding the valve cover gasket on at both ends. I really didn't want to break that seal...so it was like putting the valve cover on over a gasket with 2 spots holding it in place while the middle of it wanted to fall down.

While i was getting into things I washed the air filter...CAI. (went thru the wheelwell). The filter is still the original from Chrome Intakes (which is too large imo) and plan on getting a K&N after the spring thaw.

Also I had a problem with a rattle from my rear lowering springs. Earlier I determined it was coming from the bottom 3-4 coils were clapping together while on bumpy roads. After removing and installing them about 5 times all it took was jacking the car up and putting thin peices of rubber between the coils and no rattle.
...So I disassembled them for the last time, got rid of the jimmy rigged shims and got some clear rubber tubing, cut it in half along the axis (long ways) then wrapped the bottom 3 coils, Taped it every 3-4 inches w/ threaded tape (much stronger).
My guess is that the spings are just wore out, I know at least one other person here had them on their ride. All in all i sacraficed about 1/4" of drop for a quite/solid suspension by adding the tube.

All in all the car seems to be running perfectly now. It is definately seems more responsive now that the filter is clean.

Last edited by arsenal : 12-19-2009 at 04:28 AM. Reason: added things
Old 12-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Good news Mike, glad it's all working well!

Where'd ya find the magnet snake? Seems like something I wouldn't mind having in my toolbox, too
Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #25
arsenal
V.I.P. Member

Harbor Frieght - they had snake and telescoping ones. All were less than 10 bucks. Magnets are pretty strong too.