Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 09-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
redid the stereo

it was a slow day at work... so i decided to clean up the stereo a little. pulled the seats out and reran the wires and pulled everything... pretty much just installed it from scratch again
there are some more things i want to do in the trunk... but i think this is a good start.

what do you guys think?

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
nicely done just hide the wire from the amp and you'll be set.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
MotorCity
GL Member

MotorCity is on a distinguished road
i like it but hide those wires and you will be good

I am beyond help...
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

can't hide those wires.... it's a old ass amp and the wires are in a little plug that goes into the amp

mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
Old 09-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Atmosphere
GL Member

Atmosphere is on a distinguished road
Looks nice. Time for a bath.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

lol. ya... she's pretty dirty

Old 10-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #7
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
Okay as opposed to thread jacking i saw this thread instead. From what i can find, your subwoofers are rated 50-800 watts rms per pair. By this, they range from 25-400 watts rms a piece. Also i see that they are in the enclosure that they had came in from the factory, and it seems as if you have the shallow-mount combo. Basically, shallow-mount subs are typically used in vehicle that allow very limited space for a subwoofer aplication. Throughout research, these shallow kickers were made to sound good firing into the back of the seat. (truck application...etc.) My friend had installed one of these in the trunk of his neon, and needless to say, shallow mounts are bout worthless in your trunk if you want BASS. I'm ordering him a set of 12" l5's right now, and putting them inside a ported enclosure. I am sure he will be much more satisfied with the outcome this time around. Basicaly my opinion to you is that if you are unsatisfied with your current setup, a new/ bigger box may help. But only to an extent. Save up and go bigger if you want more. It will be difficult to achive that with what you have now. But, if you are just satisfied, than all the power to ya!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Your research sucks.

Those are not slim mount subs!

http://kicker.com/compvr_subboxes

And who said slim mount subs had to be fired a certain way only to sound good? Do you even know what your talking about?

I can take a slim mount sub with similar specs to a non slim mount subs and make it sound exactly the same... Just because its slim mount doesnt mean its any less of a sub.

Man when people start guessing at things it gets ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashdollar2009 View Post
Okay as opposed to thread jacking i saw this thread instead. From what i can find, your subwoofers are rated 50-800 watts rms per pair. By this, they range from 25-400 watts rms a piece. Also i see that they are in the enclosure that they had came in from the factory, and it seems as if you have the shallow-mount combo. Basically, shallow-mount subs are typically used in vehicle that allow very limited space for a subwoofer aplication. Throughout research, these shallow kickers were made to sound good firing into the back of the seat. (truck application...etc.) My friend had installed one of these in the trunk of his neon, and needless to say, shallow mounts are bout worthless in your trunk if you want BASS. I'm ordering him a set of 12" l5's right now, and putting them inside a ported enclosure. I am sure he will be much more satisfied with the outcome this time around. Basicaly my opinion to you is that if you are unsatisfied with your current setup, a new/ bigger box may help. But only to an extent. Save up and go bigger if you want more. It will be difficult to achive that with what you have now. But, if you are just satisfied, than all the power to ya!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
MotorCity
GL Member

MotorCity is on a distinguished road
owned ! :P

I am beyond help...
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
itsbmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Your research sucks.

And who said slim mount subs had to be fired a certain way only to sound good? Do you even know what your talking about?

I can take a slim mount sub with similar specs to a non slim mount subs and make it sound exactly the same... Just because its slim mount doesnt mean its any less of a sub.

x2... It gets annoying when people are totally serious too and get pissed when you shut em down.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Its not even that.

This guy does come off an knowledgeable- but its not accurate or correct. So If Im a newb and see his posts I would believe it... But its not correct, therefore it needs to be known.

Im always glad to see others wanting to help. Just know what your talking about- dont guess it. If you dont know dont talk. Those types of things.

I know Ive had to eat crow once upon a time. I learned my lesson.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

well they are kicker cvrs. by no means slim mounted. the box is huge. it is a factory kicker box which is probably what my problem is. i just dont know anything about building boxes

Old 10-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
well they are kicker cvrs. by no means slim mounted. the box is huge. it is a factory kicker box which is probably what my problem is. i just dont know anything about building boxes

Do you think Kicker would market and sell a preloaded box where the subs were in a box that they are NOT meant to be in?

If its a sealed box you might be able to swap it out for a ported box with better results. If it is already a ported box theres not going to be much gain with a custom box.

Kicker isnt a company to slap their speakers in junk boxes. There is some thought and testing in this.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
Your research sucks.

Alright i apologize for my misleading research. It's just a bit difficult to go off of nothing when you are trying to help someone. Luckily, like it's always been, this is a friendly forum, and corrections may be made appropriately. And about the "must be used a certain way" note, i only took that from the manual that came with my friends shallow-mount kicker box. It just looked to me that from the third picture that the box is only about 4 inches deep. The same exact depth of my friends shallowmount loaded enclosure. Also, the subs ratings that he stated, were those exactly the same as my friends loaded enclosure's ratings. Based upon those two minor observations, going off of very limited information, that is what i came up with at 2 a.m. I'm in no way upset that you corrected me ryan, to make that clear. I was just claiming as to what i had came off of in my research, and again, was lucky that i was not the only person on the forum trying to help this guy out. I did feel a bit knowledgable due to those clues, so that's why i tried helping. But again, thanks for clearing things up.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
Your research sucks.

Also in rebuttal to your statement, if you read the "new sub" thread started by atmosphere in the audio and video section, the last post was by colonel, stating that they were indeed NOT the comp vr's like you just claimed that they were. So therefore, your research sucks as well!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #16
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Also in rebuttal to your statement, if you read the "new sub" thread started by atmosphere in the audio and video section, the last post was by colonel, stating that they were indeed NOT the comp vr's like you just claimed that they were. So therefore, your research sucks as well!

actually ryan is right. that is indeed my subs. when i said not comp vrs i mean just the comp ones (the black ones) as you can see in my pictures

Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #17
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
actually ryan is right. that is indeed my subs. when i said not comp vrs i mean just the comp ones (the black ones) as you can see in my pictures

Alrighty i see. Just a misinterpretation on the models, i was going off of what you said on the other thread, then found this one to try to help you out. Haha, my bad man. But if you were to ever end up with the shallow-mount enclosure with the two 12"s then my post 10 up from here can be used for reference. Ryan i owe you an apology... (bows down)
Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

no worries man. i appreciate help no matter what. at least someones looking lol

Old 10-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #19
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
the install looks pretty good, how'd you manage to mount them to the side without a plate? i had to make a wood plate to fill in the area, cover it in carpet, then mount the amp b/c of extremely limited mounting points.
Quote:
'm ordering him a set of 12" l5's right now
thats a big mistake right there. good luck with l5's, til they self destruct b/c they are built crappy. L7's are the only kickers to get.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
the install looks pretty good, how'd you manage to mount them to the side without a plate? i had to make a wood plate to fill in the area, cover it in carpet, then mount the amp b/c of extremely limited mounting points.

thats a big mistake right there. good luck with l5's, til they self destruct b/c they are built crappy. L7's are the only kickers to get.

Haha alright. I've gotten mixed reviews on the l5's, but for the most part they've mostly all been good. For the price that i'm picking them up new, it was hard to pass up. L7's were a bit out of his price range anyways...