Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-31-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Eric Neal
GX Member

Eric Neal is on a distinguished road
security from the cd player

i just bought a jvc cd player and two 12's.
me and my friend decided that he knew enought about audio that he could do it. after about an hour of tinkering we blew a fuse, lost my left turn signal in the back, and figured out that my alero cant run without a cd player. the cd player stays on now without the car even being on and security light is now always on.... have i forever messed up my car?
Eric Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
brheller
GX Member

brheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond repute
Ut Oh.

Where did you pull the wires to power your radio?
brheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
Eric Neal
GX Member

they were already pulled. i bought the car from a used dealer ship and like right after i bought it it was like everything they did to hold it together fell apart. the wires were already pulled. the front speakers, back, ground, hot, and lights were all there connected to the old player. i mean the car runs now, still have better sound, but the securtiy light and it staying on is the problem. my lights were also automatic but i also have to turn those on myself which doesnt bother me i had to do that in my taurus
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Is the factory harness still there or did someone hack off the plastic connector!?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Eric Neal
GX Member

pretty sure its gone. its not the facotry harness anymore. ive seen an alero with stock cd player and when we got it, it was equiped with a walmart cd player.... the really cheap kind and all the wiring had been cut and and twisted together with the walmart brands. so we basically did the same thing
Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ummmmm Im lost, I think.

You went to lookat the Alero. It had a stock radio in it. When you went back to buy it, it had a replacement in it?

At which point you went to upgrade, THEN cut off the factory harness?

NEVER CUTOFF THE FACTORY HARNESS. There is 0 excuse for not buying a $6 harness adapter, none.

if it was already cut off disregaurd my rant... lol

At this point its evident the people trying tow ire the radio dont know whats going on. Take it to a shop.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Eric Neal
GX Member

no it was already cut and wired when i got it. i never had the stock cd player, me and my friend took their fd up job and made our own
Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
your drawing power from and constant, red wire from your unit needs to be powered from a fuse tap, i have discovered the sunroof one on the passenger side is perfect, my car doesnt have a sunroof, its wierd to me theres a working fuse for it
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #9
ryanJ
GX Member

ryanJ is on a distinguished road
check all your fuses even the ones under the hood
ryanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #10
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Have a professional go through this.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #11
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Have a professional go through this.

agreed
Old 04-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
Eric Neal
GX Member

ok the problem is now fixed. and aleroracing you were almost exactly on point with what the problem was. i took my car problem to a different friend this time one whom i trust more with my car than the one who first did the wiring. The factory harness was actually still in there wired up in a weird way and just dangling there, everything pretty much capped off. the first thing my new friend did was immediately set to rewiring the original factory harness back together. after rewiring everything back together to the factory harness we set out on a mission to find the part.... man i cant remember what it is... that would allow us to connect to the new cd player. and the first thing we did was go to a professional place "sound on wheels" and they told us that it would be 99.99 for that part and it would be better for a professional to install it and they would do it for 85 dollars exactly, but they also had something similar to it that may or may not do the job for 25. we said f that i can do without a radio. but my friend was determined to get thing going for me so we went to advanced auto parts and they had the same exact part that was 25 dollars at the sow place for 7 dollars. so we went back to my car and wired and crimped everything together, but there was no power to the player and the car wouldn't start. so i said he couldnt it be a fuse. there were two blown fuses now. i had one spare and the one for the power sunroof was un-needed cuz i dont have one, so we took the 20A fuse and put it there in place of the 10A fuse and presto!!!! no more security light, the cd player turned on and off with the car, and the blinker came back to life. so im pretty sure its fixed cuz they said it would work the way its supposed to if it even did work.
sorry that was long winded but i figured i would explain everything that i learned today about it and that the problem is no more.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #13
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
awsome, not quite a swish, caught a little rim but i got one hell yeah, thank you to cherry didnt know what a fuse tap was till he taught me
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote