Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 11-22-2022, 06:11 PM   #161
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Damn, that clutch is hardcore! Nice on the lead time too.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:29 PM   #162
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Looks gnarly.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 06:34 PM   #163
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty much settled around 636 whp. Boost is controlled to come on softer at the initial spike so we don't lift the head with excessive torque.

Still some issue with PID control across the board, I guess. They're working on resolving that before giving it back to me. They want it to be 100%.

So it's close to being back in my hands, so I can get some new photos and videos finally.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:06 PM   #164
dbral
GX Member

That thing is going to haul the mail. Congrats! Next up AWD? Judging by those numbers, you are going to really really need it now lol
Old 01-06-2023, 11:20 AM   #165
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I really want to drive it and see what kind of highway monster it is. Ordered my license plate "636 WHP" lol.

I bought a spare trans in case I break this one between now and the AWD project because I plan on driving this for at least a year before doing that. I've got a few buttoning up/cleaning up items I want to take care of and just drive the car for a while, get some badass videos/photos etc.

I hate having my car down for so long, so the AWD project will be tricky to coordinate so it doesn't take years to do. The easiest way to do it of course would be to get a spare low-rust coupe and modify that while I still drive the main car. The problem is the main car has a little sentimental value so I don't really want to swap bodies again....
Old 01-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #166
dbral
GX Member

Enjoy your car. Looking forward to your feedback.

Yeah, AWD will take some time for sure. I understand wanting to keep your original body too. You'll figure out a technique to keep it pointed where you want it until then. Be careful and have fun!

Right now, i'm imagining your engine in a sky/solstice....
Old 01-06-2023, 09:07 PM   #167
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Those are crazy numbers out of a ld9 man... congrats!!

As for the awd project.... since this car has sentimental value to you now, what about finding a shitty car to use as a mock up... that way it can take however long to get it right, then it would be just a swap to this car when everything is right...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:03 PM   #168
[ion] C2
636 whp

Supposedly next week I can take it. Although that was supposed to be this week too. And a few weeks before that.

Constantly in the state of "almost there" but as far as I know the only things that need doing are: trimming the front bumper slightly, tucking a little bit of wiring, and moving one hose out of the way of the engine cover.

They spent a lot of time trying to get TPMS to work but the companies involved keep providing incorrect configurations or something. Seems like it'd be a simple task to sync up sensors with the AEM display but it just ain't working. Will have to figure it out later.

They did a bunch of cold start testing/tuning to try to optimize cold starts on high ethanol content fuel.

I asked some tuning questions and found that a full 91 octane tune was done (somewhere mid-400 whp), as well as scaling from E20 to E85, so it will definitely safely auto-adjust based on fuel used.

Eager to get it in my hands so I can do my own buttoning up on everything else that needs to be done.
Old 02-23-2023, 08:56 PM   #169
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully they come through and you get it next week!!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Old 02-24-2023, 11:09 AM   #170
[ion] C2
636 whp

I did make a preliminary dash display layout that I think will be pretty cool:

Old 02-24-2023, 05:01 PM   #171
dbral
GX Member

Cool reminds me of a mid 80s Vette. Hopefully not much longer....
Old 03-01-2023, 06:26 PM   #172
[ion] C2
636 whp

It's in my garage. 2 years and 10 months later.

The clutch is incredibly difficult to use. Everyone kept saying it, now I see what they mean. I stalled it like 15 times just going from the shop to my house, it was outrageous. Very interesting how it feels, like nothing I've ever driven before, and the pedal requires a lot of effort to press. I looked up the specs and realized it's rated for "race" use only with "rare" street use. It's literally two solid discs lol I don't know why I didn't realize before that it's an unsprung clutch. I need a sprung one. Gonna call Clutch Masters and see if they have any other options, like their 850 series has a sprung version.

Edit: Also it is wild to drive at full throttle... will get videos as soon as I button up a few things.

Old 03-02-2023, 04:58 PM   #173
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

Glad it's finally back home Chris!! Sucks about the drivability with the clutch issues; hopefully it can be resolved quickly so you're finally able to drive it and enjoy it again!! Can't wait to see the videos!!!!

Old 03-02-2023, 05:04 PM   #174
dbral
GX Member

Awesome!
Old 03-02-2023, 07:50 PM   #175
[ion] C2
636 whp

Today I cleaned up a few things, installed my Halotron fire extinguisher (no residue). Wiped down the engine bay to monitor any potential leaks, moved a hose, just looking over it thoroughly for any potential issues like wires or hoses rubbing on things that might cut them over time etc.

Just got word back, Clutch Masters is going to make a custom 850 Super Single system. So that should hopefully drive like my old clutch worst-case-scenario lol. I think the clutch that's currently in it is like, if you HAD to get it from A to B you can, but it's supposed to be track-only haha.

Also based on my first drive I'm going to change the current resonator to the newly released Ultra Quiet version (or add it inline with the existing one) to try to tone things down a bit. Too loud for my tastes currently, can't hear the turbo as much as I'd like.

The good news that's a surprise is there was a spare Cometic head gasket in the car, the same one that's on it currently, so there's only a couple more parts to grab before the next engine build can happen, which will be nice insurance to have in case anything happens to this one, and will be more durable.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:21 PM   #176
[ion] C2
636 whp

Old 03-03-2023, 11:40 PM   #177
dbral
GX Member

Sucks to hear about the clutch engagement issues but was def. worth a try on the one that is in it. It looks indestructible in the pics. Did not expect it to work like an on/off switch though lol. Would be cool to make it more streetable and keep it somehow. Maybe there is a way to help get a more gradual engagement? Crazy thought but maybe reposition the master like 1" further up the firewall and drill/weld another stud off of the clutch pedal up the same distance?. Should at least make it easier to push the pedal and give a little more finesse maybe? Or possibly adapt one of those wilwood performance master cyls somehow? Have you talked to Clutchmasters about trying to make it somewhat driveable? It would be great if you could keep that clutch. Looks stout as he!!. Any videos yet? Have fun bud!!!!

Edit; Just got the dash pic looks great

Last edited by dbral : 03-03-2023 at 11:48 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:49 PM   #178
[ion] C2
636 whp

Not really, it specifically says on the product information that this type of clutch is not designed to slip.

They're building a custom 850 Super Single clutch and flywheel, which should make it drive well and still hold the power. Should be ready in 10-15 days they said. Then it's back to the shop for a hopefully quick clutch install and buttoning up a few minor things.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:07 AM   #179
dbral
GX Member

Okay, good deal. Don't forget the videos lol
Old 03-04-2023, 12:49 AM   #180
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah buddy once it reasonably drives I'll be out getting some pics and video. I have binaural mics for my ears, a head mounted camera, and other cameras and mics to place around the car. Will have some fun stuff.