Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
Alright, I figured more people would see this if I started a new thread. SikMindz has found a company that will produce a carbon fiber hood for us if there is enough interest. The deposit, that is 100% refundable, is only $100 and the price of the hood will be between $600 and $700. I copied and pasted the names on the list from the other thread so if any more people are interested, copy and past your name on there as well. I'm sure SikMindz can answer any questions you might have. Here is a link to the Other Thread.

Grand Am Ram Air hood
1. FantomForceCustoms02
2. turbo-alero (maybe)
3. johny_boy32

Here is the picture www.pfyc.com has:
Old 09-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone please photochop this onto an alero. i want to see if the lines work or if it looks out of place
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
so its gonna be like the ram air hood on the grand am. i dont think that will look that good, but would have to see a photo chop. and 600-700 is good. i paid 700 for my hood, then 100 for shipping and 200 for paint.
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
it doesnt flow with the lines of the alero at all, it's gonna look like garbage.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Sep 3 2005, 05:34 PM
it doesnt flow with the lines of the alero at all, it's gonna look like garbage.
ditto. it doesnt even look good on grand ams...
Old 09-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

it looked good on grand am gt's but this SD hood does. anyway yeah like i said, i dont think it will flow with the olds. the cowl does. the SS hood did IMO it came down to a point kinda and hte olds symbol is in the middle of bumper to flow with it , as in my hood and the monte symbol

Old 09-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

i guess I wouldn't mind something like what you had either pimp, that didn't like too bad. I just want something new made for our cars and this would be perfect with the right price. Hopefully we can all agree on something.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #8
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

i didnt have a ram air hood on my alero. i have one on my monte carlo ss.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
gre0481

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpalero03@Sep 3 2005, 07:00 PM
it looked good on grand am gt's but this SD hood does. anyway yeah like i said, i dont think it will flow with the olds. the cowl does. the SS hood did IMO it came down to a point kinda and hte olds symbol is in the middle of bumper to flow with it , as in my hood and the monte symbol

That Black Alero ram air hood looks smooth. Where would you find something like that?> Think it looks much better than something like a grand am gt hood for our cars.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:20 AM   #10
SikMindz
GL Member

SikMindz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SikMindz
You guys are funny. Just to clarify, anything can be made it's just a matter of you guys agreeing to a single design. We're having the same issue over on the GA forums as well...have one of the PS gurus chop a couple diff. style hoods on teh Alero and go from there. Looking at the hoods on a diff. car just wont do it justice...
Old 09-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i want the 442 alero hood.......(minus the stupid fins and some other cosmetic issues)
Old 09-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #12
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

someone do some photochoping and come up with an idea for a hood then. I wouldnt mind the 442 hood either kyle. nice find.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #13
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i would say rather the camarrow hood or the 442 one. they go good with the lines.
the ram air is to much going on and dont flow. it looks good on a grand am with its more flashy ness.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:09 PM   #14
little_pontiac
GL Member

little_pontiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to little_pontiac
That hood looks amazing on grandam, but the gt version like was said the picture doesn't do justice. u gotta see it in person, I love it.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #15
UnoWHO

did someone say boser !! lol I sorta like that 442 one but it doesnt do anything for the car just attracts attention to the hood cause its got jagged lines while the alero is all smooth..SOmeone photoshop a boser with a scoop, it changes the look of the whole car and also does something for it at the same time.. pllllleeeaaaseee lol
Old 09-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #16
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
ok first of all..........

grand am ram air hood on alero = complete anal cavity, it doesnt even look good on a grand am se

second the camaro style is played out, and i thought yo uguys wanted something different.....guess not

the 442 hood still just isnt working for me, i dont know what yo uwould have to do to make it look good.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #17
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by -Alero-@Sep 4 2005, 04:36 PM
ok first of all..........

grand am ram air hood on alero = complete anal cavity, it doesnt even look good on a grand am se

second the camaro style is played out, and i thought yo uguys wanted something different.....guess not

the 442 hood still just isnt working for me, i dont know what yo uwould have to do to make it look good.

you would have too round the edges instead of straight edges.......the real 442s had round edges on the scoops not staight edges........also get rid of the gay fins......
Old 09-04-2005, 07:06 PM   #18
SlickSketcher
GX Member

SlickSketcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SlickSketcher Send a message via MSN to SlickSketcher
i love the hood on pimpalero03's car. i've always wanted one like that. that's what should be made for the alero.

sweet hood pimpalero03, that's the best i've seen.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by SlickSketcher@Sep 4 2005, 05:06 PM
i love the hood on pimpalero03's car. i've always wanted one like that. that's what should be made for the alero.

sweet hood pimpalero03, that's the best i've seen.

you mean the stock hood, all pimp ever had was a stock hood with some gay ass stick on scoops and vynal......
Old 09-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #20
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
rather than the alero 442 hood you could go with more of the intrigue 442 hood. it's more true to the original. obviously down size them some so the fit the alero hood better and when you do the hoos get rid of the factory bump in it other wise it will look like crap.