Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #61
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
nates idea, i doubt that, look how many people always say hey ill be there, then they back out. i dont even think we had all 17 or 18 people that said they were coming to ass.

exactly why the pressure of not having another ASS will limit that "attendance issue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
I like nates idea, because I want to go to more than 1 ASS!

QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

Now that's just being mean. 25 to start and it's on.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #62
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
If 25 people register and 30 come I think we would be on the right track
Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #63
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
I still say 25 To start. I say if 25 people come in 2013 we have an ASS 2014.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #64
ronnysbray
GX Member

ronnysbray is on a distinguished road
Ill be there hopefully
Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #65
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
It all depends on how many register. Iff 100 people come and only 5 register the show will end
Old 07-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #66
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the max we have had registered for one year was 20.......17 showed. the was year 3 i believe.

the most showed up was 22 or 23 and only 17 registered.

So 25 is not mush of a goal. 30 would be a better goal.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #67
DJx79x
GX Member

DJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond repute
I would say that the cap should be atleast the number of ppl that would be considered "regulars" on the site and post often.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #68
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
First of all, more coming than registered is just a waste.

You don't register to save $40, but you spend $85 a night for a room, $x for food, $x for swap meet stuff, $x for go-karts, mini-golf, and other stuff, not to mention the money for gas (and tolls if you have them in your trip) so really what's the $40 more. Plus it's a saving because you are reg'ed for 2 shows. It's like jerking off before sex

Plus we like you to reg'ed for the show because you get a t-shirt, possiblly of a trophy, door prizes (which were pretty decent this past year) and wearing the show shirt at Homecoming shows the old Olds heads that we aren't some jackass bunch of ricers that know nothing. They guys never talk to us. Scot with his 64 Cutlass at home, and me with my Delta 88, both Olds powered. In fact, these guys are so narrow minded, that there's a video on You tube from Homecoming 2009 of "The last true Oldsmobiles" and Scot's car and all the other 2.4 twin cam Aleros are in the video, You can see my mirror in the video but my car isn't a true Oldsmobile because it has the GM 60*V6 in it. that was a factory placed motor, not something I dropped in.

Is 40 a "mean" number? Hell no! there is no excuse why we shouldn't have at least 30 every year. The thing that gets me is the guys that live within 2 hours of Lansing that know about ASS and "can't make it" Fallout boy came from Germany. 2 guys from Los Angles in 2009. Why can't you make it? Too far, no money. eff outta here?!?!?!?

In the future, only listen to Scot or myself when it comes to ASS info. That's it, we run the show (Scot more than me) we are the people to ask. You can PM me anytime and if you need to talk to me, I'll give you my cell. Simple as that

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #69
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
And ASS, if in June, is 10.5 months away, don't have the money excuse is out the window.

That's appox 45 weeks from now, so saving:
  • $10 a week is $450
  • $15 a week is $675
  • $20 a week is $900
  • $25 a week is $1125
  • $30 a week is $1350
  • $35 a week is $1575
My grand total was $784 for room (shared with someone) all gas, all tolls, all food (in Michigan as well as rest stops in Pennsylvania and Ohio), all swap meet stuff with a 3 year old and I live 691 miles away. Think about it

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #70
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
The thing that gets me is the guys that live within 2 hours of Lansing that know about ASS and "can't make it" Fallout boy came from Germany. 2 guys from Los Angles in 2009.

yeeahhh I am ASS history
Funny thing is, I was at a car show on Sunday, and had my trophy from ASS beneath the windshield

and one dude said
"How that this POS got a trophy??!!"

Well, read my dear Mr Wiseguy

Ohh and before you ask, I was wearing the ASS shirt during the show, and a lot of folks stared in disbelieve at me
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #71
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy View Post
Ohh and before you ask, I was wearing the ASS shirt during the show, and a lot of folks stared in disbelieve at me

thats awesome!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #72
Redog
Aleromod part owner

That is awesome!!

I get the POS comments too with my Alero when I take it to the BOPC Spring show. (Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Caddie) but those shows are "geared" towards anything 1989 and older, mainly older and judging by the car next to you, seems like it was that kind of show.

Give it another 10 years, and people will love our car

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #73
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
well there were also 2012 Roush Mustangs, 1927 Ford Rat Rods, 2011 Camaros, 1940 Buick and so on.
US-Car meetings (as they are called here) aren't that specific about years and models most of the times.

But its funny if the dumb kid at the entrance doesn't wanna let your car in
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #74
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Do you still have the sticker on the window that says "Lansing Assembly Plant?"

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #75
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
IMO 30 cars is a disgraceful turnout for ASS, especially with all the Michigan guys on the forum. Al & Randy drove all the way from California a few years ago to be there, the guys from Kansas and Bruce from Texas this year and some guys can't drive 100 miles which is pathetic. Two years ago I was there literally 3 weeks after spinal surgery and in a neck brace for 9 weeks, I found a way to get there even though the surgery tapped my wallet. Adapt & Overcome or whatever you have to do to get there.

I am so sick of hearing I am coming next year for sure I wanna PUKE! It's because nobody wants to put forth an effort and show up to ASS is the reason why ASS will go away. Do you guys think that Scot, Ken & Mo go to all the hassles for their health, if you do you are mistaken.

There have been a few consistent regulars that come every year and to them I salute you. To the others that promise to come every year and NO SHOW every year I give you the one finger Salute.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Old 08-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #76
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

^There is a lot that goes into ASS. they dont just pull the soda, lower room rates, t-shirts, and awesome cookout food out of their ASS. many props to them for keeping it going despite low turnouts.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #77
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I should have been to 5 asses but ive only been to 3 car trouble twice. Plus I make it to all the meets. I make minimum wage, non of you have an excuse
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #78
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
I should have been to 5 asses but ive only been to 3 car trouble twice. Plus I make it to all the meets. I make minimum wage, non of you have an excuse

same here! though you never register, lol. I was like 600 miles 7 hours and pulled out of my ASS to come. props to bruce for making from texas, 12,000 some miles right? no excuses for people not coming. ASS was probably the best time I'v had in my life. everyone was cool to talk to, chilling out in the parking lot all day talking then testing out my phone in the pool. ASS is the greatest weekend a person could ask for. By far the #1 in my book. its worth every penny and more. wish I had my own alero to show though
Old 08-08-2012, 04:18 AM   #79
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Maybe by next year
Old 08-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #80
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
IMO 30 cars is a disgraceful turnout for ASS, especially with all the Michigan guys on the forum. Al & Randy drove all the way from California a few years ago to be there, the guys from Kansas and Bruce from Texas this year and some guys can't drive 100 miles which is pathetic. Two years ago I was there literally 3 weeks after spinal surgery and in a neck brace for 9 weeks, I found a way to get there even though the surgery tapped my wallet. Adapt & Overcome or whatever you have to do to get there.

I am so sick of hearing I am coming next year for sure I wanna PUKE! It's because nobody wants to put forth an effort and show up to ASS is the reason why ASS will go away. Do you guys think that Scot, Ken & Mo go to all the hassles for their health, if you do you are mistaken.

There have been a few consistent regulars that come every year and to them I salute you. To the others that promise to come every year and NO SHOW every year I give you the one finger Salute.

Thank you,

Actually when Scot said he was going to stop it, I wasn't that upset. I love cars in general and getting more involved is putting on a show is awesome, but with guys giving the chant "I'll be there next year" and all the piss poor excuses of why somebody can't make it, it doesn't bother me at all.

I still like to mention "Beretta-Fest" which started in 1997, one year AFTER the car line was axed, and still today, pulls in close to 40 cars, every year

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Closed Thread