Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-18-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
havik

Quote:
What can i be expecting if i install just a CAI (to start with !!!)

What is the gain over the stock intake.... ?

Quote:
depends on the setup. APOC's was adding like 7HP? on a auto and I think ID was adding 5. so for a home grown one prolly about 5-10 depending on tube size, layout etc,

Quote:
So, if i just take a 3" rubber elbow, connect it to a piece of 3" flexible stainless stell conduit (muffler style) and feed that to the front bumper (doing all the modification along the way...) and finally, put a big K&N cone filter at the end, i'll get a "OK" CAI ??? is it really that simple ?

Any model # for the filter to use ? Is 3" big enough to use with a stock TB ?

Quote:
Steph, that sounds like decent setup 'course the ridges in the flex pipe will create more turbulance than a smooth pipe but you should see some gains. Also that will make ur TB the restriction on the intake side, so you may want to look at getting a larger one and/or upgrading the exhaust side and more air in means you need to get more air out

Quote:
Hey Fast eddie what can you replace the TB with, do ya have to buy the new 62mm or can you just get from a denali, or some bigger vehichle???

Quote:

Quote:
Steph, that sounds like decent setup 'course the ridges in the flex pipe will create more turbulance than a smooth pipe
I notice that some CAI like the one from ID are made from small section of tubular steel, joined by sections of rubber hose (silicone rubber ?) clampped together to form the intake. If you go on ID's site, they do sell the 90 deg. elbow to the TB and the rubber section seperately.

Should i try to take some "solid" pieces of 3" muffler conduit (steel or stainless) and join them together just like they do ? Woud be smooth ! and probably cheap ! If i use steel, i could have it "zinc plated". It gives the steel a nice yellow color...

Quote:

Quote:
Hey Fast eddie what can you replace the TB with, do ya have to buy the new 62mm or can you just get from a denali, or some bigger vehichle???
You can get a lerger TB from any number of sources FDP, RSM, HO 90+ Q4, check www.aleroupgrades.com to find one to ur liking. Of course upgrading the TB is not an immediate need. You will see gains from just the CAI and slightly more with a larger TB, but by no means do you need to do both at the same time.
Quote:
Should i try to take some "solid" pieces of 3" muffler conduit (steel or stainless) and join them together just like they do ?
ID, and most other places use aluminum, not steel. but if you go w/ steel I reccommend getting it powercoated to keep temp changes to a minimun. And yes I would reccommend going with 3" piping. If you have access to pieces of alum like that then just get it bent/cut up and connect the pieces.

Old 12-22-2023, 07:10 AM   #2
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
What if I add a K&N sticker?
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 07:31 PM   #3
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Superfast like jellyfish