Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #21
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
well all i can say is wow......... for a second there i was worried u were gonna be another dude who slapped a blower on his alero and left the tranny alone....... cause its only a matter of time till it goes bye bye if thats the case.

cant wait to see it all done...

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:08 AM   #22
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
thankfully I've had the benefit of people who have blown their trannies (multiple times) to find out weak spots without having to go through spending all my money to find out.

If you're one of the ones who have turned your tranny into a mushroom cloud....my thanks to you for paving the way

thank you to all for your kind remarks. I can't wait to see it finished either, because it's getting so difficult to look under the hood and not want to hurry it along!

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:18 AM   #23
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
nah i havent fried my tranny......... i personally dont have the kinda money or knowledge to do a build like u are properly....... but i do know enuff to know that most people throw caution to the wind with there tranny when boosting an alero or ga.

glad to see someone doing it the right way

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #24
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i agree...its great to see somebody actually putting ALL the work into it rather than just piecing things together...i'm pumped to see it all finished...
Old 03-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #25
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
im sure i am not the only one dieing to know the price tag on this project?? the army doesnt pay THAT well lol
Old 03-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #26
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
haha, i wasn't going to say anything...unless you're a 3 star or something...haha
Old 03-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #27
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
i agree... i am one of the ones on here that got into that arguement with you about beating a c6 vette or whatever... and you said your budget was like 3k or something... how much have you got in it so far? anyway... it's lookin sweet and i'm anxiously waiting for the results...

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #28
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
If, and when you finish this, this is going to be a monster of a Hoe.

What are your goals in terms of HP and torque.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero+Mar 7 2006, 07:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(double0alero @ Mar 7 2006, 07:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i agree...its great to see somebody actually putting ALL the work into it rather than just piecing things together...i'm pumped to see it all finished... [/b]
Something I decided long ago, our Alero limitations were basically due to most people being satisfied with what you could get with basic bolt-on's. That includes an s/c or turbo. I wanted to show these import fans exactly what can be done with a domestic, and at a competitive price-tag. Believe me, there's nothing that rakes my nerves worse than a worked over civic owner thinking he's all that. I get challenged at least 3-4 times a week, but I always tell them they'll have to wait for the track to find out what it will do (cuz it isn't quite ready yet )
Quote:
Originally posted by jackal2000@Mar 7 2006, 10:20 AM
im sure i am not the only one dieing to know the price tag on this project?? the army doesnt pay THAT well lol
The key here is two-fold. Sponsorship, and doing alot of work and research yourself, rather than paying out to have it done. Believe me, I have less than half tied up in this project than what it should have cost.
Quote:
Originally posted by natedawg9640@Mar 7 2006, 12:24 PM
i agree... i am one of the ones on here that got into that arguement with you about beating a c6 vette or whatever... and you said your budget was like 3k or something... how much have you got in it so far? anyway... it's lookin sweet and i'm anxiously waiting for the results...
The proposed budget in that argument was to beat a $60k car with around $5k invested (not including the purchase price of my car). Shamefully I will have to admit, at the project's end, I will have gone a little (not much) over budget. The transmission is estimated to cost between $2,500 and $3,500 (me supplying the core) if I have it built. If I build it myself (which I'm not keen on) it will cost less.<!--QuoteBegin-King Asoka
@Mar 7 2006, 01:08 PM
If, and when you finish this, this is going to be a monster of a Hoe. What are your goals in terms of HP and torque.
[/quote]This season, I'm shooting for excess of 450hp. Throughout the year, I'm purchasing an additional 3400 block and going for a 600hp (crank) buildup, and that's where things will start to get crazy. At that point, I'll probably be at nearly double the current investment into engine components.

HP and torque to the ground will have to be dyno'd after making the final gear ratio selections, which is still being pencilled out.

Keep in mind, only planning to run appx 12 psi max (around 300-350hp) daily driving. A new PCM file will be uploaded with boost pushed to around 18-20psi at the track, hence the need for a chiller/supercooler.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #30
gutlesschimp

Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero+Mar 6 2006, 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(double0alero @ Mar 6 2006, 02:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by gutlesschimp@Mar 6 2006, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero@Mar 6 2006, 02:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Menace
Quote:
Quote:
@Mar 6 2006, 09:23 AM
Thats huge man !!

thats what she said!

Or HE in your case.. jk

shhh dude, i thought you weren't going to tell what happened between us...damn! At least its stilll huge though...LOL
I'm going to have to change your name to brokebackgutless now
[/b][/quote]
gotta let em kno sometime!!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #31
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Pic I promised of after install on the bumper to show it fits. I'd better get the grilles installed, already getting bugs in the radiator.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #32
gutlesschimp

HOT
Old 03-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #33
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
lookin good good good!

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #34
Str33tRacer

i think i just wet myself. That has to be the cleanest look ever
Old 03-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #35
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
thats amazing, fill in those bottom holes, paint it, add some mesh and you'll be good to go.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #36
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is badass! I look forward to this thread every day!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #37
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I'm adding in the center mesh as we speak, the outer sides are probably going to wait for a little bit. I may be molding in complete ducting from the outer vents in to my tranny/oil coolers if I dont use the chiller for that also, instead of it just flowing randomly through the sidewells.

Good thing I had the mesh on hand, I already have tons of bugs in the radiator I have to blast out, but at least I didn't get any rocks yet

Old 03-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #38
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
Props!

This is going to be the best build yet. Keep us up to date man!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #39
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
that is the most beutiful thing i've seen for awhile....... AWSOME work dude, just brilliant
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #40
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Holy crap. That is just plain sick dood.

Major props.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote