Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #41
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Heh, thanks
more pics:

Headgaskets I had custom made, solid copper, water-jet cut, stainless steel bore rings to hold max compression without blowing out.

.070 thickness, will drop compression to between 8.5:1 to 8.9:1

This will allow me to add more timing and really get the power laid down.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #42
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
is this in any collaberation with dpp
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #43
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
yes.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #44
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

DonkeyPunchPerformance is sporting the banner on my windshield, in fact. Sorry about the glare, I couldn't get rid of that from any angle seemingly.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #45
Mr_White
Mile High Club

Mr_White is an unknown quantity at this point
nice work dude "get in sit down shut up & hang on"
that front end looks low as hell
I cant believe you've had that kit for a wile now & still no paint
Old 03-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #46
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

are you kidding? I'm lamenting the day I got that kit. I am glad to have it, but that's nearly a thousand dollars further into this performance build that I could have been by now. I can assure you, not one penny more will be put into cosmetics until I hit at least mid 10's in the 1/4 mile.

On the other hand, having the kit on does get me challenged more often, and drives me to go further on performance

But, no...paint wont be done until performance is complete, or someone steps forward and offers to do it in exchange for getting their name out there. All money is going under the hood, and for NHRA required safety devices for now.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #47
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
So sweet!

I wish I had that kind of $$$

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #48
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
how much are you putting down for a nhra req's? cage/harness/etc?
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #49
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

All prices approximated.

10 point roll cage 1.75" modified "swing-out" components for the seating areas, quoted nearly $700 installed for chassis tie-in, etc. and certification, and because it's for a 4-door.

Helmet = ~$200

Kirkey Racing aluminum seat and cover = $180

Simpson racing harnesses = $130

10lb Halon Auto Firesuppression = $319

RCI, SFI 3.2A1 spec jacket = $89

so, all said and done, misc. crap like remote battery disconnect, roll-bar padding, etc. will probably put me at around $1,000 or so, not including incidentals.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #50
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
ship your bumper to me and i'll paint it. i got a fizz can of that color laying around here somewhere.....

lmao
Old 03-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #51
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

hahaha, yeah, I'll have that done half-ass just like the rest of the car eh?

actually I have a case of GM Galaxy Silver for minor touchup work, and matching other stuff.

and thanks but no thanks
by the time I paid shipping to and from, that would pay for the whole kit to get shot professionally

Old 03-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #52
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Are you gonna be done before the end of track season? (well, with this extent of stuff...)

I want to see numbers...mainly to have an argument to the doodie-heads that say "Why are you modding an Alero?!?"

Good work so far!
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #53
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I'll have some reasonable slips to post during the first half of the season, but mods cost money as we're all painfully aware. I'm estimating that the new tranny setup may not be fully ready till mid or end of this season.

Old 03-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #54
burg03

well good luck with the build,I know whoever rolls up along the side of you at the track looking for a win, will be greatly disappointed.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #55
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Blackjack, done anything in the past day or so??? I'm goin through withdrawals.... :heehee:
Old 03-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #56
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yeah, just a couple. Working on the chiller. Basically until I'm done fabricating the primary container, I'm winding the cooling lines around the A/C Condenser, since it's so cold that it burns to the touch. I'll try and get a pic up later today if possible.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #57
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Mar 15 2006, 03:18 PM
yeah, just a couple. Working on the chiller. Basically until I'm done fabricating the primary container, I'm winding the cooling lines around the A/C Condenser, since it's so cold that it burns to the touch. I'll try and get a pic up later today if possible.

Good freakin call, that should work awesome and will be using resources that are already there and won't draw power or anything!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #58
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

heh, actually, it will be drawing power during the chilling phase, since the A/C clutch will be engaged until WOT, but then again, once the light turns green, it should probably be ALL WOT till the end, but by launch time, it will basically be running off residual cold.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:54 PM   #59
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
I cant wait till this is finished its going to be amazing.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #60
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

ok, next item, the liquid pump, and A/C condensor (passenger side).
This is basically to get a progress shot up, however, I still have some line routing to do, and insulation to install around the whole assembly to prevent temp loss.