Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #41
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorezcmunee View Post
ugh, now i gotta buy that expensive royal purple...(7.50 a quart) and change my oil. oh well. there goes my beer money

nooooo......please don't do that.

your new oil is still going to pick up residual moisture. Change it with something less expensive, run if for a week, then do a flush/change with the expensive stuff.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #42
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Bmorezcmunee is on a distinguished road
well when i first used royal purple it unleashed a few horsies that were still in the stable with the old oil i was using. maybe it was all in my head but id reccommend it

::edit::

oh ok thanks BlackJack.

now i can drink!
Bmorezcmunee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #43
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhh ya he is verry right! change it with the cheap stuff

then royal purple

still wouldnt pay that much for oil

lets see

3000 mile change cost you
About 40 bucks

75 bucks
150 bucks
300 bucks
600 Bucks
900 Bucks! Sweet Jesus! thats alot of moolah!
etc etc....

Last edited by Nate's Alero : 07-24-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Nate's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #44
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
well when i first used royal purple it unleashed a few horsies that were still in the stable with the old oil i was using. maybe it was all in my head but id reccommend it

::edit::

oh ok thanks BlackJack.

now i can drink!

Yes, you are correct. Royal Purple does have better lubricating properties giving less friction. Though the HP gain by Royal Purple alone is negligible, it's still better if you can afford it. However, I use Mobil 1 (synthetic) in my turbo setup and have had no sludge buildup (inside the engine looked sparkly new) no "coking" in the turbo, and runs really good. It's still more expensive than standard motor oil, but it's not quite as expensive as RP.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #45
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
Ohhh ya he is verry right! change it with the cheap stuff

then royal purple

still wouldnt pay that much for oil

lets see

3000 mile change cost you
About 40 bucks

75 bucks
150 bucks
300 bucks
600 Bucks
900 Bucks! Sweet Jesus! thats alot of moolah!
etc etc....

yeah but with RP you wouldnt have to change every 3000. id say probably every 5000.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #46
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Yes, you are correct. Royal Purple does have better lubricating properties giving less friction. Though the HP gain by Royal Purple alone is negligible, it's still better if you can afford it. However, I use Mobil 1 (synthetic) in my turbo setup and have had no sludge buildup (inside the engine looked sparkly new) no "coking" in the turbo, and runs really good. It's still more expensive than standard motor oil, but it's not quite as expensive as RP.

so just like some cheap stuff then. ill just get whatever oil change special they have at autozone this week. thanks everyone. pardon my n00br0sity earlier. i shall keep that to a minimum
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #47
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
yeah but with RP you wouldnt have to change every 3000. id say probably every 5000.

i ALWAYS change after 3000
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #48
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
i ALWAYS change after 3000

well RP is a full synthetic. thats why i say every 5000. when i used conventional i changed every 3000 too. if u get a good filter like a K&N or a Purolator, you can feel confident in doing that
Old 07-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #49
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

...ok
Old 07-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #50
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
i've gone though such terrible weather for 6 hours straight with my CAI without any issues. you cannot suck up water unless you go through a puddle deep enough to cause the end of your tubing to be submerged in the water. and long enough to have it get to the engine.

not true.. i've slapped a puddle of water id say about 2 inches deep, mabey 5 foot by 2 foot in size.. doin around 30 mph- my intake sucked it up and the car stalled in the middle of the road.. that filter -does not- have to be submerged for it to suck up water and kill the engine

and about royal purple.. a car running royal purple (this coming from their website.. not me) can last 12,000 miles without an oil change.. not saying ID go that far.. but that's what it says.. go read up on it

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #51
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
not true.. i've slapped a puddle of water id say about 2 inches deep, mabey 5 foot by 2 foot in size.. doin around 30 mph- my intake sucked it up and the car stalled in the middle of the road.. that filter -does not- have to be submerged for it to suck up water and kill the engine

and about royal purple.. a car running royal purple (this coming from their website.. not me) can last 12,000 miles without an oil change.. not saying ID go that far.. but that's what it says.. go read up on it

that am true Midgear . i stalled at every red light thereafter. and im gonna buy some oil and a filter asap. then after a week or so ill throw that royal purple back in there
Old 07-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #52
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
I would still get full synthetic cheap oil instead of any regular oil for a week. I heard regular and synthetic oils doesn't like each others very much, thats why I've been told to buy some engine cleaner before switching to synthetic.

I run Mobil 1 here.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #53
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
I heard regular and synthetic oils doesn't like each others very much, thats why I've been told to buy some engine cleaner before switching to synthetic.

I run Mobil 1 here.

That's why I said run cheap stuff and then do a drain/FLUSH when you change oil. You're absolutely right, regular and synthetic don't like each other, unless you enjoy having a block full of jello.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #54
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i effing love jello!!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #55
Midgear
on vacation

rofl! ^^

Old 07-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #56
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

dont forget the pudding!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #57
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

i thought mixing synthetic and conventional was a misconception because synthetic isnt actually a synthetic. but i will do as im told
Old 07-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #58
Midgear
on vacation

It Does What It's Told!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #59
Bmorezcmunee
GX Member

Quote:
It Does What It's Told!

it puts the lotion on its skin!!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #60
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I said to hydrolock. You must've gotten something wet in there so it didn't fire or a sensor didn't work right and shut down. Water isn't compressible. If you suck up enough water so that the air can't be compressed much or there is no air in the cylinder at all, it will hydrolock; the piston can't compress the water so that force exerts back on the hardware and there goes your pistons/rods/stuff.

I've driven through the most unbelievable amount of rainfall and puddles and have never had an issue.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote