Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Means you might have outlines of your old silver color visible at certain angles. I think.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #22
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Looks amazing!!! I still wish I had the Alero, that's the bodykit combo I wanted to do.

However, I can't help but ask... Vinny = you, correct? Why no respirator?!?!

Can't wait to see it in the light!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #23
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
Humor me as to what that means please since you've been doing paint and body work your entire life

if you would like to get c0cky with me, Please come to ASS and get c0cky to my face. don't be tough on the internet. Thank you.

to quote bdyman
Quote:
heres a question for ya
1. what about the front and rear windshield molding?
2. what about the door frame moldings??
3. what about the belt moldings??

ya know if ya keep these parts on the car, there will be allot of material built up and it will flake off if these parts arent removed

when painting a car properly you always remove all moldings to prevent a build up at the edge and then you have a hard line and it WILL over time start flaking and chipping off. It gives the look of a piss poor paint job because time was not taken in the prep to make sure the car was truely ready to paint.........oh I may not have done it my entire life or do it for a living but I did learn from someone who knows how to paint award winning show cars and by prepping and painting my own cars. So I speak from experience and listen and learned from people who know what they are doing. Thank you.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #24
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Again? You guys really need to mellow out.

PIE.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #25
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
if you would like to get c0cky with me, Please come to ASS and get c0cky to my face. don't be tough on the internet. Thank you.
you talk like your some UFC fighter, get over yourself your some 60 year old man with saggy arms. anyway, if you properly prep the car, like we did it wont flake off there, but you can say what you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
However, I can't help but ask... Vinny = you, correct? Why no respirator?!?!
haha vinny is the owners son of the bodyshop he didnt use a resp until the clear, whatever its his lungs not mine lol

I shaved my balls for this?

Last edited by Gr1m : 05-21-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #26
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:

haha vinny is the owners son of the bodyshop he didnt use a resp until the clear, whatever its his lungs not mine lol

Oo, same name, lol. Fking idiot if you ask me, he'll regret it if he keeps it up when he can't think right somewhere on down the line.

But yea, ha, his choice eh?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #27
dragon8807
GL Member

dragon8807 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dragon8807
looks good so far, can't wait to see what it looks like in the sun
05 impreza 2.5rs 5spd - current car
dragon8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #28
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you talk like your some UFC fighter, get over yourself your some 60 year old man with saggy arms. anyway, if you properly prep the car, like we did it wont flake off there, but you can say what you want

and you sir talk like some dumb young punk you has no respect for people who know what they talk about.

if you didn't remove the moldings it wasn't properly prepped. but you say what you want and do what you want.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #29
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
scot is right and so am i sorry but its true

even if you used a prep pen, you will have a build up and if you used rope/or window molding tape, you will still have an edge and or build up around the moldings, its a fact

when a customer doesnt want the moldings removed or a bumper removed, due to cost of labor, we do our job and then months down the road it is peeling and flaking so what happenes then they pay us to remove everything for a 2nd time and now it will cost them more money to do the job the correct way

why wasnt the car edged in first??? doors removed to paint insdie the doors and the jambs?? no tape lines right?? right
the rear bumper and rocker moldings are still on why werent those removed?? is it lack of money on your part?? these are things that make a quality body and paint job, sure you can make it look good, but your going to have problems down the road

it may be his lungs but it alos affects the liver/lungs/brain, the mucus part of the eye, this stuff goes through your hair on your body, its called paint sickness, vomiting/the runs/upset tummy, headaches/ dizzinies/ vertigo/ if you smell it out side the booth you sir get affected as well

like i asked what paint system did he use, and what and how did he prep the body work with, how did he shave the handles, iam curious to know,

so do not get roosterey with him or me becasue his dad was a body fender tech just like iam, i do it for a living i know what happens to cars that were preped incorrectly, him or me are not being roosters just trying to help you out

you want the ufc you can watch it on spike tv, or you can grapple with me if ya like, in the past i`ve tried to help ya out shipped off the kit in a timely manner talked with you online and if ya need more help will do so but ya need to relax and listen to the voice of experience dude ya really do
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #30
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
the rear bumper and rocker moldings are still on why werent those removed??

they are drilled into the car and glassed over, theres no way your getting those off.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #31
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
The only thing that wasn't done when my car was repainted was the removal of the various moldings...only a few though. For the most part, I have to agree with the above statements. I notice it more so by the rear window ever so slightly. I have a few chip spots but they are very small and haven't gotten any worse. I don't know if this is due to lack of drive time(being outside) or what exactly. It has been at least 2 years now and everything is still looking good.

Did I cut corners...yep a few, does it look like crap and needs to be redone....nope I don't think so or at least not enough to stand out and even be noticed.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #32
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
they are drilled into the car and glassed over, theres no way your getting those off.

huh. i don't understand. you drilled and screwed them on then glassed overtop to hide the screws???? or did you mold them on? Isn't the razzi sides plastic? Just asking.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #33
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

they are drilled in and glassed over, whats so hard to understand?

Old 05-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #34
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
they are drilled in and glassed over, whats so hard to understand?

because drilling creates a hole and doesn't attach anything. why would you glass over a screw? how did you get the glass to knit to th plastic?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #35
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
what hes saying dude is if the razzi moldings are "druaflex" or "fiberflex" what ever the company wants too call it, fiberglass does not stick to this type of material, ya need to calm down killer

fusor makes a product for cross blending material that works really well when molding something, you will see the stuff ya did shrink back, might even crack, who knows!!!

were trying to help ya out, so it lasts but if you think you know it all, then i dunno what to tell ya

scots right too you will see the hole ya made, and why would you glass over a screw?? or i should say the shop that did the car glass over a screw?? ya might want to reconsider this shops quality

ya know with this shop glassing on top of a type of plastic and filling holes, what and how did they shave the handles?? did they just go inside the exsiting hole?? or did they cut out the handles area and fab in new metal which is the correct way to do it, hhummmm i wonder........

Last edited by bdyman : 05-21-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #36
Oldsman
Owner

we are trying to help you but you don't want help and think everything that was done the best way. so that is fine. Hell if you did with what you could afford that is understandable we are just trying to prepare you for what problems you will end having.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #37
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

whatever im done posting progress of my car you guys bash one of the only people on here who actual owns an alero and mods it, the body work on my car is good, the AED rear is not plastic it is fiberglass so know what your saying when you say its made of plastic and im not allowed to screw into it for added strength and glass over it to cover the screws.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
This is why you don't post progress pictures, only finished. Arguing about method is retarded when it's already done. What, should he go and repaint it now?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #39
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
whatever im done posting progress of my car you guys bash one of the only people on here who actual owns an alero and mods it, the body work on my car is good, the AED rear is not plastic it is fiberglass so know what your saying when you say its made of plastic and im not allowed to screw into it for added strength and glass over it to cover the screws.

dude we were talkin about the rocker moldings, we all know the bumper is fiberglass, and what do me and scot own?? grand am`s???? and dude have ya seen my car lol i mean c`mon, who has the experience and or skill to french plastic?? huh ??huh??

i or scot never said the "body work" was bad, the way it was masked off, nothing was removed, no moldings, nothing, all i was saying is your going to have problems down the road, stop thinking ya know it all, dude listen to someone who has close to 20yrs in the field, iam tryin to help ya out

hey you do what ya want but iam telling ya your going to have problems,
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #40
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
This is why you don't post progress pictures, only finished. Arguing about method is retarded when it's already done. What, should he go and repaint it now?

dude ya need to stick to building web sites ok please, we have been telling him the way it was preped and masked off is going to cause material build up, and hes going to have overspray on the moldings, not to mention the paint flaking off,

no need to repaint, need to do the job the right way, if i saw moldings removed wouldnt have been a problem, but what the shop did and left everything on ya its wrong, so please go build some web sites or something ok