Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
mbeals
GX Member

mbeals is on a distinguished road
FML Hit by a girl

....pulling into a parking garage. She was in a parking spot in a lot behind the post office. I turned the corner, looked up and saw her reverse lights coming at my face. I hit the gas and turned into the lot to try and avoid, but her right rear bumper hit me just behind the driver's side door, pushing in the panel by quite a bit. I managed to miss the door, so at least it still seals and the car is drivable, but I'm afraid insurance is going to total the car. The stupid girl only had "no fault" insurance as well.

here's the damage

mbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
what is no fault insurance?

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
No fault is bare minimum (illegal in some states) that only covers acts of god. (Where no-one is at fault)

Why would they total that? Totalling is only if the repair bill is far superior to the cost of the car. I had the back end of mine crushed, bill was 7600... and I still have my car. That's maybe 2k, definitely keep-able. She should be liable for something though... check with ur agent.

...and I think the proper proceedure around here is "fhl" "eff her life". She's gotta pay somehow.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Hey atleast you will get the rust fix cause of the accident.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
we're missing the most important info here. Was she hot?

I assume you have coverage for no insurance/under insured. You totally could have black mailed her into giving you a blow job for not filing with her insurance company, then filed with your insurance company saying whoever hit you just took off
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
mbeals
GX Member

The metal is creased really bad at those two points at the top and bottom, and is actually broken at the bottom. It just looks like section of metal that isn't easily repairable...not like a quarter panel that can be swapped with a few bolts.

Yes, on the bright side I will get the rust fixed. Might even see what it would take to get the other side to match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt24 View Post
we're missing the most important info here. Was she hot?

I assume you have coverage for no insurance/under insured. You totally could have black mailed her into giving you a blow job for not filing with her insurance company, then filed with your insurance company saying whoever hit you just took off

yea, except she was 16 and looked like she's had her license for a total of 4 hours.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
that's a lot more than 2k in damage, i bet it is like 3500-4k which is over total value i'm sure..
Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
mbeals
GX Member

well KBB is like 2000 to 2300, so unless I can sweet talk the body man next door into helping out....
Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
probably be cheaper to just collect and get a new one...
Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

you could buy bodyman's car...
Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #11
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeals View Post
The metal is creased really bad at those two points at the top and bottom, and is actually broken at the bottom. It just looks like section of metal that isn't easily repairable...not like a quarter panel that can be swapped with a few bolts.

Yes, on the bright side I will get the rust fixed. Might even see what it would take to get the other side to match.

yea, except she was 16 and looked like she's had her license for a total of 4 hours.

Silent would have done it
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #12
mbeals
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
you could buy bodyman's car...

As much as I would like to do that (and he does live sort of close to my parents), I think my wife is looking for something else. Now that we have a kid, my regular cab (project) truck is too small (and I keep breaking it), so she want's something with 4 doors that will tolerate the feet of snow we get up here.

Although...what's it take to buy it back with a salvage title? Assuming there isn't any suspension damage, it could be a fun turbo car. Doesn't have to be pretty to be fast.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
kwhauck
2Screwy

get a trailblazer then, or a bravada....
Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeals View Post
Same with my crash chick.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #17
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
super lulz
Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #18
20alero02
GL Member

20alero02 is on a distinguished road
that sucks man. good luck getting it all figured out.
20alero02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
mbeals
GX Member

thanks,
I already talked to my insurance company and an adjuster is going to call me sometime soon to come take a look.

Here's hoping Geico is as great as their commercials.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
they aren't.

be an adult, and get allstate