Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #41
mfuller

Honestly, even if they run $200 per bar it's a steal.
The specs are the same as the Speedbuilt-branded bars that PFYC used to sell. I've found them to make the car handle great and be very balanced. Keep in mind that anti-roll bars are meant to complement siffer springs/dampers and sticky tires, but once you bolt them on the handling improvement is amazing.
Ask anyone who has gone on an "Oh, shit!" ride with me.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #42
lvemy3100
GX Member

lvemy3100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord2heart View Post
when is the deadline?

there is no deadline set yet so even if we already have 25 in on the bar(s) you want you can still get in on this. There will be a deadline eventually so really the sooner the better as you will be paying more later on if you don't get in on the group buy.

Last edited by lvemy3100 : 06-30-2010 at 11:00 PM.
lvemy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #43
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
dont mean to thread jack but, whats the difference with solid, hollow, thickness of the bars? are having thick solid bars better than small hollow ones?

sorry, just really intereted in this buy
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #44
lvemy3100
GX Member

not really sure I can explain properly but... hollow bars are hollow (duh.. lol) and therefore give/bend easier than a solid bar. The thicker the bar the harder it is for it to give/bend.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #45
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^ I don't think you could explain it any easier than that ... lol
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #46
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_fi...ons162file.pdf
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #47
lvemy3100
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post

Quote:
Now, many misconceptions are floating around about the hollow bar designs. One major one is: that a solid bar is stiffer than a hollow one. This is only partially correct. If a solid bar and a hollow one of the same diameter are compared, then the solid bar is stiffer than the hollow version. By increasing the outer diameter of the hollow bar, and fine-tuning the wall thickness, you can yield the same performance while reducing weight.

Rear bars must be solid due to how the end links are designed.

Front bars could be hollow but would need to be thicker to get the same results as the hollow bar.

also hotchkis wont make bars for us so I don't understand at all what your point is.

Last edited by lvemy3100 : 07-01-2010 at 02:44 PM.
lvemy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #48
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post
Good information here.
I agree that hollow anti-roll bars are preferable for the weight savings (less unsrung weight is always a good thing).
Mark already pointed out why a hoolow bar won't work in back. The front bar has issues with space constraints. Even a 1.125" (28.6mm) bar is very tight - where the bar is bolted onto the front subframe with the midpoint brackets, it is in very close proximity to both the front edge of the unibody and he steering rack. You might be able to go a smidge larger (early on, Mantapart suppsedly made a 30mm bar that fit in there), but I'm not certain what engineering challenges that would entail.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #49
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry Mark, I wasn't trying to make a point.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #50
lvemy3100
GX Member

That is 25 of each now. If you still want in on this please feel free to post up until the deadline we get from Eibach next week.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #51
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvemy3100 View Post
That is 25 of each now. If you still want in on this please feel free to post up until the deadline we get from Eibach next week.

Hell Yeah ... Thanks for setting this up mark and thanks to everyone that included themselves for making this happen.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #52
lvemy3100
GX Member

now we have 25 front and 26 rear spoken for
Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #53
lvemy3100
GX Member

talked to my contact earlier today and he confirmed that they now have the stock bars on hand. So this time tomorrow I should be posting price and deadline date.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #54
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Front and Rear please and thank you
Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #55
lvemy3100
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Front and Rear please and thank you

done
Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #56
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you lvemy3100! Im glad more people are helping to improve the alero community.
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #57
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I would still like to get both a front and rear bar.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #58
lvemy3100
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshinZero View Post
I would still like to get both a front and rear bar.

done
Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #59
lvemy3100
GX Member

Price for the GB is 185+ shipping each. This price includes mid point bushings.

Listing is up on the store for payments:

Rear Bar - http://mpracing.org/store/index.php?...&productId=550

Front Bar - http://mpracing.org/store/index.php?...&productId=549
Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #60
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Just paid for my set. Any idea on time before they're ready for shipping?